Trox

I Need Some Help With A Pfaff 345-H3-6C-Ln

Hi, I just purchased an old Pfaff 345-H3-6C-LN sewing machine.

I wonder if any of our members knows this machine. I know this is a machine made for leather because of the “L” in the subclass name. The feed dog is adjusted to high and it is stopping the feed motion, because it is just moving in the same level. It is not moving down under the needle plate on its way forward.

When I am trying to adjust it to do so, I cannot find it has any feeding mechanism. Is this supposed to be like this? Because it is a leather model? Should it just be lowered in level with the needle plate to move back and forth in the same level?

I do not have any service manual, if anybody have one to share, (or for a similar model in an other brand) I be grateful for all help.

In advance Thanks.

Trox

post-10237-052319600 1327377561_thumb.jp

I guess I am the only member with this very rare piece of machinery or maybe I have to changes my deodorant. Strange, this is one of the most common cylinder bed sewing machine model ever made, similar to Singer 153w, Adler 169, Cowboy 227R, Consew 227 R and many others.

If anybody have some experience with a machine like this please answer my post.

Trox

Trox,

I'm almost certain that's a binding machine,that's why the feed dog doesn't go up & down,I've had a few 145 flatbeds Pfaff's like that too.

Bob

Trox,

I'm almost certain that's a binding machine,that's why the feed dog doesn't go up & down,I've had a few 145 flatbeds Pfaff's like that too.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

It is subclass for leather the "L" in the name. I have just checked the subclass part list and there is an other model with a bit differet fed dog and plate that is for binding. But you are right it must only go that way on a binding machine. I just started a new topic about that subject, I want to set up this machine for leather binding. And looking for parts for an syncro binder.

I will just set the feed dog a bit lower, in level with the plate and see if that works better.

Please see my other topic about binder for it.

Thanks

Trox

Here is the Pfaff model and subclass code information for this machine;

345=Pfaff Model

H3=Foot lift 5.5mm, Fabric Clearance 11mm, 134-35 system needle

6=Needle Size and style of point to be stated on order

C= Includes Safety Clutch, model type for fabric or leather

L=Application Type (can't find specific applicaiton type for 'L')

N=Stitch Length 6mm maximum

Often, these codes are difficult to decipher, and I'm not the best at doing so. I always have to go to a combination of the parts books, sales brochures in order to locate this type of info, and it's often 40 years old plus.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Here is the Pfaff model and subclass code information for this machine;

345=Pfaff Model

H3=Foot lift 5.5mm, Fabric Clearance 11mm, 134-35 system needle

6=Needle Size and style of point to be stated on order

C= Includes Safety Clutch, model type for fabric or leather

L=Application Type (can't find specific applicaiton type for 'L')

N=Stitch Length 6mm maximum

Often, these codes are difficult to decipher, and I'm not the best at doing so. I always have to go to a combination of the parts books, sales brochures in order to locate this type of info, and it's often 40 years old plus.

Edited by Trox

When I have issues with a Pfaff I ask Trox!

Hello Trox

One of the first machines i ever had was a 345 . I don't remember the exact model but the food dog did have a cycle where it lifted up & came back , down etc. When i bought it ,the colour was black & it came as a binder with a special needle plate & that food dog & binding attachment , that i sent to you . Adler 69s & pfaff 335s do not have a food dog that lifts & the way to adjust them is to have those dogs a tiny bit lower than the needle plate . There is no way to adjust the height other than putting a shim under the needle plate or grind off either the needle plate or food dog . My 269 - 373 has an adjustment to raise or lower the food dog . Other than that the only thing i didn't like was the small cannette . After all it's just a machine that makes spirals . Hope this helps ? ?By the way Trox . Little Roxy is doing fine & growing liker a weed . I had to make him another collar already . & now it's time to feed dog !

Thank you Darren and Leather guru.

We all learn by trial and error. The value of an old machines with allot of issues is the learning process. My 345 has a binding feed, back and forward motion only. That has to be lowered a bit under the needle plate not to disturb the feed. The way L. Guru writes about above. Pfaff are fine machines, nevertheless, I prefer a Dürkopp Adler if I have the choice. Thats just matter of taste, they are both excellent machines.

Thank you once again for those parts L. Guru, they came in handy.

Tor