By looking at Turtlefeather's website, I can't tell the difference between the colors for Bismark Brown, Brick, and Mahogany. I have the Bismark Brown, and put it on one of my new holsters. It is a deeper red color ... almost like raw liver ... than I like.

Does anyone have any pieces I can reference using these colors? I'm looking for a medium brown with a hint of red.

Thanks

They smell like denatured alcohol. I guess some people are sensitive to it, but I work in a well ventilated area so it doesn't bother me. Plus, denatured alcohol, in itself, isn't harmful when inhaled in small quantities unlike lacquer thinner, acetone, or other high volatile organic compounds. Denatured alcohol is essentially 'pure grain alcohol' or ethanol with something added in a small quantity to make it undrinkable.

I legally, with a federal license, make my own ethanol and denatured alcohol. I generally leave the collecting jar on the still during the entire spirit run, and collect the dangerous 'fronts' with the rest. This makes it undrinkable as the fronts have a lot of methanol in it.

Edited by RoosterShooter

I use the brany brown and it seems a little red brown. Its the color i use most for belts and sheaths.

They have a potent ethanol smell to me which gives me migraines, I also have the same problem with Copic Markers if I use them too long as they smell similar. My studio room is well ventilated but like RoosterShooter wrote I'm just ones of those people who are sensitive too it, which is annoying at times as they have some nice colours not available from the other dye manufacturers.