fordsmtack

patterns for tapaderos

I work on 1/32 scale mainly, sometimes 1/9. Just wondering if any "real" tapaderos patterns are around for me to study? I know most probably think "toys" when that small but I like to put detail in my minatures and like to study the real stuff. I know there are different styles of tapaderos out there too..wouldn't mind studying them all. Any books or magazines out there besides links also? I have Saddlemaker to the Stars, Fine Art of the West, The Art of the western Saddle, the An $ Al Stohlman encyopdeias 1-3, Saddles of the West and Saddles by Russel H. Beatie - a few more but don't remeber off the top of my head. I do, later want to do some "Real Leather Craft" items plus one day a real pair of Tapaderos to go on my ancent parade saddle (it has the regular stirrups with diamonds running down) - the lining and horn need repairs. I have almost all the tools/Supplies to do it with . If any one can point me where to go I would really be appreciative :0)

Kim

I work on 1/32 scale mainly, sometimes 1/9. Just wondering if any "real" tapaderos patterns are around for me to study? I know most probably think "toys" when that small but I like to put detail in my minatures and like to study the real stuff. I know there are different styles of tapaderos out there too..wouldn't mind studying them all. Any books or magazines out there besides links also? I have Saddlemaker to the Stars, Fine Art of the West, The Art of the western Saddle, the An $ Al Stohlman encyopdeias 1-3, Saddles of the West and Saddles by Russel H. Beatie - a few more but don't remeber off the top of my head. I do, later want to do some "Real Leather Craft" items plus one day a real pair of Tapaderos to go on my ancent parade saddle (it has the regular stirrups with diamonds running down) - the lining and horn need repairs. I have almost all the tools/Supplies to do it with . If any one can point me where to go I would really be appreciative :0)

Kim

Kim,

There's some in the back issues of the saddler's journal. I remeber there was a pattern for "Monkey Face Taps" in an issue. I can't remember which one though.

Steve

Thank you Steve, I'll search on the "saddler's journal", maybe they sell back issues like the Leather Crafter's Journal does.

http://www.leathercraftersjournal.com/Back_Issues.html

and Ben I checked out Bob Klenda's patterns like you linked- thank you. I see the monkey Face Taps in the pattern, but they don't sell the eagle taps in patterns just in "already Finished", but at least a monkey face is available. zmaybe the other will come available sometime. The eagle looks more fitting for the type of parade saddle I have. Monkey taps looks good on the mexican charro saddles I believe, and I have one of those saddles in the works in the 1/32 scale, no taps yet on it.

Thank you all again,

Kim

Kim,

Check out #7104 and #5288 patterns.

Regards,

Ben

Oh, great- didn't see it ! Thanks. I found them!!

Kim

Edited by fordsmtack

I have a really handy way of making patterns that works for me. If you could give me a style or example and some measurements you want i could make one for you.