Sign in to follow this  
BubbleDragon

2nd tandy class

So I just got home from my second class with my parents at Tandy, and I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I like making cuts the best - it just seems to flow so neatly. We're working on a little wallet - I think I may have accidentally cut too deep, but it's not too bad. I'm still pretty bad at this pear shading.

My dad is very into gun holsters and knife cases of all sorts right now, but generally that's not my thing. I told him I'd make a glue gun holster, or a power drill holster. Lol.

My end goal is to make myself a really nice belt, because I don't own one at all. Weird, eh?

In any case, I thought I'd drop a note here. What a nice hobby.

When I get a chance, I'll try to get some images of my practice bits and such.

Ok, so this isn't the greatest picture right now, but it'll do. My scanners buried somewhere. The straightish pieces were scraps that the folks at Tandy gave me (and a whole shopping bag more) to practice on. That's actually been very nice.

I have another coaster somewhere, but I can't find it. That was the first thing I did - just kinda followed the directions.

The wallet outer we did today. The piece of leather wasn't great - had like a grease stain on it in some areas. But I'm pretty happy with the way it all came out. We're learning to dye next week.

So without further adieu,

HPIM0775.jpg

(Hope that works! I'll edit if not!)