kayrunp

Leather Balm/atom Wax And Satin Sheen

Can I put Satin Sheen over leather balm atom wax? I dyed some leather red and it is just rubbing off like crazy. It's a part of a wallet. This is what i did:

wet

dyed with angelous spirit dye

oiled

rubbed

leather balmed

rubbed and rubbed and rubbed

now the cloth still turns bright red.

Thanks,

karen

Can I put Satin Sheen over leather balm atom wax? I dyed some leather red and it is just rubbing off like crazy. It's a part of a wallet. This is what i did:

wet

dyed with angelous spirit dye

oiled

rubbed

leather balmed

rubbed and rubbed and rubbed

now the cloth still turns bright red.

Thanks,

karen

You can put it over but it will gum up a little when you first put it on. DAMHIKT ;)

I would suggest cutting a small amount of the Satin Sheen with 50% water to create a penetrating coat & apply with a soft sponge. You'll need to keep the sponge damp with the SS and work it in over the piece in overlapping circles. If you notice the sponge drag in a spot, this is where the LBwAW and SS are gumming...make sure the sponge is damp and rub it out until it feels smooth. Basically you are using the water in the 50% mix to buff off the top layer of LBwAW so the SS will soak in and create a base coat. Let dry completely (at least a few hours) and then begin apply your full strength coats of SS.