NOMADMAD

Hey, Its Another Appalachian American New Guy Here

Hello everyone,

just wanted to say hello. Im new to the leather craft but have been facinated by it for years. im a Navy welder by trade but do little projects at home on my spare time like scrap metal choppers. Have made some belt buckes in the past and wanted to go further by makeng some belts to go with them. im now starting with the new buckle im working on for my son. I also ride my harley so i eventually want to start making seats and bags for bikes to help fuel my creativity. have been looking around ths site and see a lot of cool leather work and hope to get as good as the work im seeing here. i have been on ebay and got a nice used leather tooling kit for $35 dollars and went to a local counter top granite warehouse and got a 1 ft sq peice of granite for free from the guy to use as a work area to learn to tool the leather. now waiting for my veg tan leather scraps to come in to be able to practice on before startng my belt project. ill keep looking around the site for more ideas and project to try to do. any advce that would help is always welcome and glade to be a member of the forum.

Thanks

Nomad

Hello everyone,

just wanted to say hello. Im new to the leather craft but have been facinated by it for years. im a Navy welder by trade but do little projects at home on my spare time like scrap metal choppers. Have made some belt buckes in the past and wanted to go further by makeng some belts to go with them. im now starting with the new buckle im working on for my son. I also ride my harley so i eventually want to start making seats and bags for bikes to help fuel my creativity. have been looking around ths site and see a lot of cool leather work and hope to get as good as the work im seeing here. i have been on ebay and got a nice used leather tooling kit for $35 dollars and went to a local counter top granite warehouse and got a 1 ft sq peice of granite for free from the guy to use as a work area to learn to tool the leather. now waiting for my veg tan leather scraps to come in to be able to practice on before startng my belt project. ill keep looking around the site for more ideas and project to try to do. any advce that would help is always welcome and glade to be a member of the forum.

Thanks

Nomad

Welcome Nomad

Greetings from the heart of the Appalachian mountains in SW VA.....

Glad you joined the leather gang here on this site....there are tons of info on bike seats, belts and general biker stuff.....and much more.

I have been into leather for years as a hobby, but since I joined this forum I am learning quick!!

Make some leather items and show them off, you will get help, critique and some real friendly advise....everybody here is here for one reason...to be with leather worker fellows!!

Greetings

keep it coming

Jimbob

Hi Nomad .

Suffolk,Virginia here, I been doing leather about 4 months ,fun ,great people here willing to help .

I ride a Harley also , ,just rode to the tandy store in Richmond yesterday to get some sale items, Any reason to ride works for me (I am Retired) No workey no mo!

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Nomad

Nomad,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here that will help you out. So look around, sample the conversations, join in when you want to. Don't be shy about asking questions. We are not shy about giving our opinions. I know you said you are starting out with belts and then want to do stuff for your HD, but don't be afraid to try the other styles of leather craft that appeal to you. Again welcome to the forum.

BillB

thanks everyone for the pointers. as my kids and work will let me i wll work on some stuff when i can. been looking around and keep seeing some great stuff. this is relaxing after a long day to tool around.

Nomad, welcome to the forum!

Hello nomadmad

I am a disabled master pipe welder/Fitter/Boilermaker

so i am no stranger to making belt buckles and stainless BBQ grills out of sch 10 pipe LOL

I have spent a lot of time trampling around the south end of the Appalachian Mountain range

deer hunting shooting and riding dirt bikesdown here in North West Georgia actually where the Appalachian Mountians

start and also where the trail of tears started across the appalachian trail.

I also used to build custom bikes I built the frames and mostly used either S&S motors and also

built several from S&S and Andrews parts stuffed in Delcron cases which made for some bullet proof

big bore V twin motors I never made my own seats although I had the experience to do it just never did for some strange reason

anyway just want to say welcome

there are a lot of talented folks here that you can learn from for sure. :gathering: