ponyup

Stamping Tool Brands

Hi, I just started playing with some stamping tools I purchased, (craftool). They weren't very expensive, I just wanted to try it out (stamping) to see if I liked it, well I liked it very much :thumbsup: .

As I used the various stamps, I noticed that some required alot more wack to get a nice impression. Upon closer inspection of some of these tools, the quaility looked to be kinda crappy. Are there brands of stamps that are better quality than say craftool but not as high in price as say the Watts tools. I am sure they (Watts) are worth every penny, but I can't afford spend $50.00 for 1 stamp. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hide Crafters in Texas carries some higher end but still extremely affordable stamps.

I second what Elton says. The "Pro Crafters" series stamps are pretty nice, especially the ones they did in stainless steel. I only wish they had more stamps to choose from.

Kate

One more vote for the Pro series from Hide Crafter. The next step up from them would probably be Barry King. His are a little less expensive than some of the other custom makers.

To stay at HideCrafters, I have some of the Pro stamps. I have had good luck with the SS ones. I also have some of the tools on the comparable price to Craftools from HideCrafters. They are marked "Craft Japan" and the ones I have are pretty darn good. I wouldn't overlook those, and then if you find one you like to use, don't trade up until you find a tool that makes a better impression. I swapped off a Hamley swirl a few years ago that cost about 15 times more than the Craft Japan that makes a better impression.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES, DOES HIDECRAFTER HAVE A NEW CATALOG? SINCE THEY WERE BOUGHT OUT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY MAIL FROM THEM. I DO REMEMBER SEEING THOSE TOOLS BUT DIDN'T KNOW IF THEY WERE DECENT, I'LL BUY SOME ASAP. THANKS AGAIN

GINNY :yes:

No new catalog yet.... Just talked with them last week. They have once again promised a new catalog and web site soon but if you want something then you will have to use the OLD 10th Anniversary catalog. I would also suggest calling them because you will quickly find out that many things are discontinued. Of course the Pro Series and other stamping tools are most likely not affected. Likewise they have a lot of Barry's stamping tools.

Regards,

Ben