Sign in to follow this  
Mikel

WTB Leather strip. something around 1/4'' thick.

Hey All!,

So I am dabbing around with leather making and I want an ungodly thick belt. I want somthing thats around 1/4'' thick. Im told that I hide is around 15oz and is around this thick.

I need a strip thats 1 1/2'' wide and is around 54'' long.

I want to make a beefy belt.

PM me or email me at Msantor@gmail.com.

Thanks!!!

Any suppliers on here would work. If you do not want to deal with the internet ones, Tandy sells something that might work. Good luck.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.

You can do a double layer belt to get the thickness your looking for. It might be cheaper than buying saddle skirting.

Charlie

Hey guys, Thanks for the replies.

I tried tandy. Nothing with the thickness I need.

Also I contemplated doubling up the leather but would rather have one solid piece. Im willing to pay extra to have one piece opposed to 2.

Can anyone suggest a specific supplier/person on here that could do it?

Thanks again!rte-toggle-options.png Toggle Side Panel

Edited by Mikel

Where do you live? There may be a member near you who could help out. If your near me stop by, I have some Hermann Oak Old World harness leather that is about 1/4" thick. You can't dye or tool it though. Not easily anyway.

Dan

Where do you live? There may be a member near you who could help out. If your near me stop by, I have some Hermann Oak Old World harness leather that is about 1/4" thick. You can't dye or tool it though. Not easily anyway.

Dan

Chicago... I have a feeling I wont be able to find too many Near Me...

Ill try though, Thanks Dan.

Mikel

I have some 15-16oz russet colored harness from wicket and craig. And I'm fixing to get in some med brown 15-16oz. English bridle leather from them. I use the bridle leather for 1.5"widex60"long truck belts for guys at work(fire dept.) I use the harness for reins and other misc. tack. I could probably cut ya a blank out of either for $40 plus shipping.

Let me know

Mike