tboyce

Biker Wallet Pattern Uploaded

Craftsman 827 put out a call for a biker wallet. I posted this under his topic but, since it was a call for a pattern, I'm not sure how many people would look at the thread and I wanted to give as many a chance to download as wanted. I know the last pattern I posted was downloaded a few hundred times so...enjoy:

My son has been wanting one and I like the way the picture you sent looks so I went ahead and whipped up a pattern

based on that design. You didn't post dimensions so I just eyeballed it and ended up with a wallet that will be 7" X 3-3/4" when folded. If it were me, I'd do all the interior parts out of 2 oz kip leather and the exterior out of 4-5 oz leather.

The PDF file is 36"X24" so you'll have to take it to a Kinkos or Office Depot or anyplace with a large format printer to get it printed out. If you have a friend who is an architect or engineer working with CAD, they can probably for it for you from their office.

I put assembly instructions for how I intend to put it together but you might come up with a different/better way. If you do, let me know

Good luck with it. I won't be making one for my son for a month or two. His Birthday at the end of October so he'll either get it for that or Christmas. If you end up making it before I do, post a picture so I can see how it came out

Regards,

Tom

sorry, I accidentally posted this twice. If an admin could remove the duplicate thread I'd be in your debt

BIKER WALLET.pdf

Thanks, I've been working with CAD so long that it's actually faster than doing something by hand for me. This took me about 45 minutes to put together

Very cool! Thanks for your generosity.

thanks so much

I have been playing around with something like this and haven't been able to figure out the interior thanks for sharing the pattern it will help me out greatly with my wallets

Thanks for providing the pattern.

Thank you so much Tom. Who knows if or when I will get this made, but 1/2 of this outfit has a pattern problem. At least for the time being it is a pdf and doesn't take up room. Know she will love it. rg

thank you Tom.

Thank you very much for this patter, tboyce.

Thanks for the pattern :) Look forward to trying it out.

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Very nice pattern and thank you for uploading it for others to consider. However, just a heads up to everyone who tries it, you may find that the card pockets are very small and tight. In fact, they will be too tight to put two cards into them side by side. I printed off at the 100% setting that it should have been and once I cut a set of test templates out (I always print off multiple sets of my patterns and use one to create a paper mock-up of the finished product) and found that the spacing between the center stitch line and the outer edges was exactly the SAME dimension as the width of a standard credit card. I took the cut outs and enlarged them to 110% which made them much more receptive for a card. I ended up making a second set at 115% which made them large enough for a user to insert more than one card per slot (and we all know that everyone we make wallets and clutch purses for always cram them full of cards and junk anyway so I did it just so I don't here "could you make the pockets a little bigger in the future?").

Still, a very solid design and it brings a style that far exceeds what others have.

Thanks again for the upload and may everyone have some success with it.

Thanks for the feedback!I will change the pattern and reupload today!

Thanks to NV Leatherworx for pointing out a flaw in my design. I fixed it and made the card slots 1/4" wider each which had the affect of lengthening the walled by 1/2". I uploaded the revised pattern here

biker wallet-revised.pdf

Edited by tboyce

Very nice. Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time to do this...

Thank you Tom. I was planning on a biker wallet as my next project.

Thanks for sharing.

Anyone build this yet? I had the revised pattern printed and hopefully will be able to construct it this week, hoping to see a finished product.

I'm grateful too, thanks Gary

Thanks!!

JD