Sign in to follow this  
punchy379

new headstall with old school look

I just finished this re-make of an old school style (with my own twist) headstall, just thought I would see what anyone thought...it's my first attempt and am hoping to do some more,anyway let me now what you guys think...thanks for taking a look!

WOOLIES 009.JPG

WOOLIES 010.JPG

post-8088-125817550665_thumb.jpg

post-8088-125817555509_thumb.jpg

I like the look but I would be a little bit concerned about where the bit attatches. Those look like they could sore a horse.

Just my opinion

Tim Worley

Tk-Leather

Elegant piece of work. Love the silver and the stitching! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks for looking Tim,that is a good observation however, bit clips have been around for many many moons and I have used them myself on a wide range of horses, they seem to fit very well, in my line of work that is the most important part if I buy it at the local saddle shop or build it myself (because I can't afford it..lol) it has got to fit for all day use.......thanks for the interest!!:thumbsup:

Elegant piece of work. Love the silver and the stitching! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

thanks for stopping buy:cheers:

Very sweet! Where did you get your silver? I really like those bit attachments.

I just finished this re-make of an old school style (with my own twist) headstall, just thought I would see what anyone thought...it's my first attempt and am hoping to do some more,anyway let me now what you guys think...thanks for taking a look!

Nice.

Making up a headstall with design flow and function

is a tougher project than most

fj

Thanks for looking Tim,that is a good observation however, bit clips have been around for many many moons and I have used them myself on a wide range of horses, they seem to fit very well, in my line of work that is the most important part if I buy it at the local saddle shop or build it myself (because I can't afford it..lol) it has got to fit for all day use.......thanks for the interest!!thumbsup.gif

Not doubting you one bit. No pun intended. I just haven ever seen a set of em bofore I guess. I am sure in your part of the world you see way more gear than I do up here in the northwest.

Good work.

Tim Worley

Very sweet! Where did you get your silver? I really like those bit attachments.

Thank you!...I get my silver from Hanson Western Gear in Oakdale California,they are great to work with and have a large selection in various qualities, and there prices are even better!

Not doubting you one bit. No pun intended. I just haven ever seen a set of em bofore I guess. I am sure in your part of the world you see way more gear than I do up here in the northwest.

Good work.

Tim Worley

That's one of the great thing's about this web-site is seeing new thing's! I think these single buckle silvered up headstalls are kind of a great basin thing but I say if you like it and it works it dont matter where it comes from!!....thanks again!

Nice.

Making up a headstall with design flow and function

is a tougher project than most

fj

Thanks!...it can be a little tough, I am just tired of the same old stuff and trying to change it up a little but still be functional!

Thank you!...I get my silver from Hanson Western Gear in Oakdale California,they are great to work with and have a large selection in various qualities, and there prices are even better!

I have been using Hansens silver for some time now and I've never noticed those attachments in the catalog.

Brent,

Page 13 in the catalog I am working out of. They are with the silver ear pieces and ferrules.

Punchy,

You are right, Hansens do have stuff worth the money on a few levels. I might be a little biased, but I'd agree they are just some really great folks also.

Pretty dang nice really like that english bridle leather you used you did a great job with the finish work also.

I've always liked that look. I've got some bit hangers I bought in a bunch of silver I bought from a store going out of business. I've also seen some bit hangers made up from the ends of silver spoons. They look cool and are flatter on the back side. Are the spots silver as well? I used to make a similar headstall for Hitching Post supply and Mark Dahl made up the spots in silver. But I haven't seen them made up anywhere else. Chris

Nice work.

Buff