tatehunt

Newest Laptop Bag

All finished but the strap. Braided or simple and clean? I have some Kangaroo lace that matches the two colors, and was thinking of doing the Trenza De Trece Tientos 13 plait flat braid.

post-22844-080080000 1314386351_thumb.jp

post-22844-074622700 1314386356_thumb.jp

post-22844-016503000 1314386361_thumb.jp

Looks good....I like the two tone scheme.

Looks good....I like the two tone scheme.

Thanks!

Wow...this looks great. I have been planning a laptop bag for the past year, but have procrastinated telling myself I don't know enough yet. Any pointers and things to watch for when designing and making a beauty like this?

Can we take a peek at the inside?

Wow...this looks great. I have been planning a laptop bag for the past year, but have procrastinated telling myself I don't know enough yet. Any pointers and things to watch for when designing and making a beauty like this?

Can we take a peek at the inside?

I've only been doing leather work for less than three months. What you don't know you will learn, so don't procrastinate. The only tricky things you have to watch out for is getting your measurements right, and backing any leather you decide to tool. I use heavy duty packing tape, so the tooling won't stretch out the panels out of measurement prior to stitching it together. It helps to decide on hardware etc while designing, and I always attach everything before final assembly. It goes: design, cut, tool, punch out for hardware, stain, finish edges (not all the way to the point of dying with edge coat) attach hardware (d-rings, buckles, etc), attach interior lining (in this case I just lined the back panel with pigskin and added a pleated pocket, left the rest natural). When assembling, I start by gluing and stitching the gussets, then I glue and sew the back panel and flap, then finish with the front panel. In this case I waited to stitch on the flap that goes into the buckle last, as I wanted it to align perfectly. Good luck, you can do it! Don't have an interior shot yet, but will try and post one tomorrow.