Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Putting my work around someone's hips

This was commissioned by a dude during my first appearance at a Family Fair in Whittier, Ca. He said he liked my style and to go nuts on the belt but with a few suggestions. Gotta love the artistic freedom. He liked my belt so he wants it Saddle Tan but I will do something special to it also to make other parts stand out. Still need the plain parts to have texture with my backgrounder. I'll post pics when I'm done later.

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

nice belt spider. I like the wood on it and of course the elongated skull

Cool belt brudda! You get the planks down really well and nice idea with the bullet holes, it's all in the details.

Congrats to the sell!

Tom

sweet work again....what sort of buckle will go on it?

Looks good but you got my hopes up. I thought it might be a set of hips on a woman

Edited by bustedlifter

Very nice woodwork....ah leather faux wood. Spent many a day hangin out in uptown back in my hippie days

Very nice Spider, but you had me worried- I was scrolling through the pics and not until the very last one, and at the bottom, was there a skull. I was worried that you'd all of a sudden blown a gasket an gone mainstream. :no:

Nice! Bullet holes and skulls, what more could ya ask for :)

Great looking work Spider, keep it up.

Ken

Nice belt, the wood fence really stands out.

jc

Thank you Murse. Yeah, my wood as crowd favorite and my skulls too. Hey wait...nvm.

Tom, leather really lends itself to wood grain. I am having alot of fun doing this belt. Thank you for the congrats.

Roo, thanks for the props. Not sure of what buckle will go on it yet. Dude wanted a western theme but this is my interpretation in my style...I guess.

Well Bustedlifter, No offense to dude who ordered this belt but I wouldn't recommend his hips. lol

Thanks you Jordan, yeah, they still have their share of hippies but they just dress different.

TwinOaks, That is what I fight. I tell people "I will not do the work if it's not fun for me. If you like my style then maybe we can work together". Thank God I'm not starving or depending on this to survive. I'd starve to death.

Yeah Dagr, they are getting the best of both worlds. lol Thank you

Thank you Ken, sometimes I don't know where the thoughts come from. lol

Thank you jc. This is a nice design element and usually attracts great attention.

Edited by Spider

I love the belt... the past couple of days I've been struggling with various ways to add cartridge holders to the belt for my new western rig. I'd not even considered just carving the bullets on the belt... it would sure save a lot of sewing.

Looking forward to seeing the finished belt.