Sign in to follow this  
katsass

Re: An 'american Straight Needle Stitcher'.

OK, the grumpy old katsass doesn't know one end of a stitching machine from the other; never have used one, and I expect that I'm to damned old to start playing with one at this stage of the game. That said, I have a close friend (one of the premier knife makers in the country) that happens to own one of these machines -- which just stopped dead this afternoon. Bound up tighter than a ........ well, bound up tight --- nothing will move. Would appreciate any information as to a repair facility for these old machines, or any information as to where or whom he may be able to contact re: repairs. Thanks in advance. Mike

The only person i know that works on them is Gateway in St. Louis Mo. i'm sure their others that do work on them. It would probley be cheaper to buy another machine. Pilgrim Sewing sells parts.

I had the same problem once different machine a small metal chip had jammed in a roller cam and the machine was locked up solid the American straight neadle has roller cams behind the fly wheel it would be worth while to inspect these I suspect there will be plenty little metal chips knocking around a knife makers workshop.

Edited by Les No6

Campbell and Pilgrim are you best bet , both have been a big help to me and my million questions .