Sign in to follow this  
Grunt

pics of a couple of my sheaths

Howdy All,

I am new to this whole leather working thing and this forum. I am a soldier stationed at Fort Bliss, TX. I came across this forum while searching for tutorials. This forum looks like a wealth of info.

I started a couple of months ago because I saw a tutorial on how to make a knife sheath and thought "how hard can it be?". Not as easy as I thought it turns out but I am having fun. I have made a few sheaths now and I am in the midst of my first holster project.

I am making mostly knife sheaths and holsters. I am would also like to make western belts and other accessories as well. I hope to learn a lot here and hopefully contribute once I know more. Should be fun, there looks like there are a lot of folks here with talent.

Here are pics of a couple of my sheaths.

A pancake sheath

pancake1.jpg

A MOLLE compatible sheath for my web gear

molle2.jpg

molle1.jpg

And one other

jack1.jpg

Best Regards,

Nick

كافر- INFIdel

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" Davy Crockett :P:rolleyes:

"Because they don't make a Colt .46!"-Texas Ranger Joaquin Jackson When asked why he carried Colt's .45 Government Model.

Edited by Grunt

Nick,

Welcome to the forum and this is a great place to hang out and learn. Looks like you've got a good start.

Good lookin stuff...and it looks like good using leather too. I bet your budz that you're stationed with will all want one...

Welcome to the group...try going over "to the other side' and see if you can pickup some nice Toxco silver!!

Welcome to the forum Nick, I see you've made a great start at leatherwork. Those sheaths look real good.

Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Ken

Welcome Nick,

Nice work man. I really like the compatible sheath.

My friend's been asking me if I can make one to fit his web gear belt.

Looks like I can!

Best regards

Freddie

Welcome to the zoo. I was stationed in Ft Bliss in the mid 80's. Used to walk to the mall and mess with folks lol. What branch are you in?

Nice work on the sheaths. Post a pic of the holster when its done. Or even in progress.

Welcome Nick to the forum glad you found us, the sheaths are looking good, Don