Adamp55apl

Clear Coat Ruined My Stain Please Elp

Im new to this.. I made a belt and stained it with a waterbased stain, I let it dry for only about an hour and put clear coat on it (which I had done before with no problem). When I returned it had lifted some of the stain in very random spots. I stained those areas again ( without removing the clear coat) and now it looks dull on those spots but the color is the same. How would I fix this? Would buffing it help at all? and what would i use to buff it?

I just started this hobby 3 weeks ago and have hand no problems til now and could use some advise.

thanks

You could buff it with sheeps wool or a soft t-shirt and then re apply your finish. That should make it better. Good luck!

You have to let everything dry completely, that is what probably caused you problem in the first place. But you know that now. That is one of the hardest things to learn in this craft. When to put it down and walk away to let it dry.

Good luck

David