Ralihaus

Tippmann Boss Question Please Help

Hi everybody. I've been sewing firefighter axe belts and helmet shields for about a year now with my tippmann boss. It's works great for my application.

Today I ran into a problem. The bobin ran out of thread while I was in the middle of sewing a belt. I'm usually pretty good at keeping an eye on my bobin thread.

So now I just have 2 loose thread ends sticking out mid belt. Do I have to un-thread everything by hand and start over? I usually back stitch a couple holes to create a tight lockstitch as tippmann recommends. Can I just start a new bobin and stitch back a couple holes and then forward with my belt? Will this create a lockstitch or do I run the risk of the thread coming loose and backing out overtime?

Any advice or help is much appreciated. Thank you!

You can do what your taking about without a problem. But I would take the stitches out and start over. Peple are paying agood price and should get the best work you can do IMHO.

I have done a lot of "Boss" stitching over the years, what I have done with good results is, first pull the stitch that ended on "top" back thorough the last hole before it ran out, so that both threads are sticking out the back, then while holding them tight from the back start the new thread several holes earlier and go on. When done, cut them all off as close to the belt as I can, and use a lighter to burn what's left sticking out back into the holes they come out of. If done right not only have you locked the stitch, but; also fused the new and old thread thermally. I have not had any adverse unraveling over the years. Course' I don't use my Boss much any more, but; that is how I do it with my Cowboy also. Hope that helps.

Bob

I have done a lot of "Boss" stitching over the years, what I have done with good results is, first pull the stitch that ended on "top" back thorough the last hole before it ran out, so that both threads are sticking out the back, then while holding them tight from the back start the new thread several holes earlier and go on. When done, cut them all off as close to the belt as I can, and use a lighter to burn what's left sticking out back into the holes they come out of. If done right not only have you locked the stitch, but; also fused the new and old thread thermally. I have not had any adverse unraveling over the years. Course' I don't use my Boss much any more, but; that is how I do it with my Cowboy also. Hope that helps.

Bob

This is exactly what I do if I run out of thread, skip a stitch, or have something happen like thread fraying or a needle breaking. I use a a Consew 206, but I don't think the type of machine makes any difference.