Here are some photos of what I am playing around with right now, I have a IWB for it but I want a belt slot model for practice mostley. It's for my Bersa .380 Thunder. I wanted to try out the idea of a sewn in wedge for a sight channel.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

post-4868-1203519761_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203519783_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203519811_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203519830_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203519849_thumb.jpg

Thanks for showing how you layout your design.

Off track a little but, how do you like the Bersa? I'm trying to decide between the Bersa and CZ 380's. Looking for something smaller than my Browing High Power.

Regis

Edited by Regis

I can't wait to see this one either. If you would just go out and get one of the CC models, you wouldn't have to worry about that sight channel at all, though. :D

I like the bersa, quite good quality for the price, made in argentina, I was looking at the PPK but didn't have the money. Size and weight are comprable, alot of good reviews online.

Regis,

Ditto on the Bersa 380. That is my "travel" pal of choice. I've had it 4-5 years, and run a few through it every month as well. Also the last thing a few down cattle have seen at our place.

Major hijack here, (sorry), but Ruger is releasing a new .380 in mid march- LCP is it's designation. Mostly a Keltec clone, but from Ruger, there ought not be any questions on quality/craftsmanship.

Here it is sewn and moulded, stitches look ok on the front but like crap on the back, now gotta wait for it to dry before I finish it any suggestions on color? I'm thinkin lite brown or tan

31.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

post-4868-1203616916_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203616951_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203616975_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203616999_thumb.jpg

Nice, I vote Mahogony. How did the welt work out for the sight channel?

Seems to have worked pretty good, lined up and made a smooth channel for the sight. I just dyed the edges black and smoothed them up with some gum trag. Still debating color I need to dig out some of my belts and see what will matchup.

All done with this one, other than the backside stitching I'm pretty happy with it and will start wearing it tomorrow to see how it works for me. Finished it with Tandy all in one Tan pre ecoflow and clear acrylic over that. Feels very hard but I am hoping it will soften up with use. I don't know what that spot is in the center of the 1st pic it is not on the holster probably some stray flash.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

post-4868-1203654476_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203654497_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1203654517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

Jordan,

What kind or brand of clear acrylic do you use?

Thanks

Well done, sir. When you added the sight welt, did you skive it down towards the front?

Fiebings little white bottle I got on clearence for a buck, the stuff is ok but I am leaning towards just a wax and buff finish in the future. I like the nice mellow glow of a more natural finish, acrylic seems so...... plastic! and yes I used a belt sander to Skiv the welt to very thin on the front facing edge, glued and then sewn

Jordan, How do you go about transfering your stitch lines from the graph paper to the leather? I have started using graph paper myself, and haven't figured this part out yet.

No real method I just measure in from the edge 1/8" to 1/4" whatever looks good at the time and is close to the stress points like around the belt loops and the pistol pocket edges. A second line at the same measurement inside the first hides alot of faults, guess it draws the eye away from the edge. I have'nt figured out where the line needs to be in relation to the pistol, I just guess at it and so far have been lucky or used a different bluegun that fit. Someone may have a formula but I think most have learned by trial and error.

Looks very nice Jordan. I may try this pattern for one of my pistols. Thanks for sharing the info!

Warren

Here is the last photo of this one. I didn't have a belt that would work with it so I scrounged a blank I had and broke out the hand crank embosser I bought last year. Made one today, matches pretty close, nothing special no liner or stitching just a down and dirty 25 dollar special.

Bersa_and_Belt.JPG

post-4868-1203730792_thumb.jpg

Nice looking rig Jordon. A guy should probably always make a belt to go with the holster.

Andy

Hi Jordan.

I just say thank you. Your photos teaches me how to do a modern type holster.

ASAP, I'll try one.

Jordan, you have came a long way, Your holsters are looking GREAT. :clapping:

thanks for the compliments, I do seem to be improving with each one, I look at my 1st and 2nd and am suprised at the change. Kinda in a slump right now, can't get motivated to do anything but wiil post another project when the bug bites.

The complete rig looks great!

Looks like you need to start going to the gun shows soon...a whole new line of stuff to make...

Nice finished belt holster combo. How does it fit and wear?

Works and fits well, other than the squeaking of stiff leather.