Hello again , i've just finished my first billfold wallet and i was delighted with it .... until ..... i tried to put the credit cards in to the slots , they are soooo tight , i'm not sure if they will loosen out in time , i've packed an extra card in both sides with the hope it might stretch but i don't know , well take a look and tell me what ye think

Any body with any ideas as of how to loosen the card slots please let me know

unnamed (7).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

unnamed (10).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

post-49163-0-21738500-1391328038_thumb.j

post-49163-0-17482100-1391328039_thumb.j

post-49163-0-73140700-1391328039_thumb.j

post-49163-0-12289900-1391328040_thumb.j

post-49163-0-12274800-1391328052_thumb.j

Edited by Leprechaunleather

I've never made a really nice, professional billfold, but with my two experiments, I guessed (after the fact) that you're supposed to over-size the pockets. Make them way bigger than you think, and there'll be no problem.

Nice Bullfold My thinking is, Your pockets will be better as is, Just under the size required, as leather can/will stretch a bit.

Nice job though Leprechaunleather !

thanks very much guys , my next wallet is going to have bigger card pouches , and i have a piece of leather with a brand that was done with a hot branding iron , i think i'm gonna incorporate that

If you have a bone tool, you can just jam it down inside and move it along the seams. You can also use your fingers I guess. If you have any leather conditioner, that might work. I'd suggest a little water, but don't want to ruin a good thing; however it'd probably work if you just slightly dampened it and stretched it. Either way you're not going to make the thread farther apart, so if it's hitting stitch, then that's that.