Nick Bowles

Noob From Alabama

I'm SUPER new to leather working. Wanted to do it for years and finally bought one of those Tandy kits. I did all the projects in 2 days and was bored.

This flask cover...while simple...is the first thing I made from scratch. Made it for my bud's flask.

I'm inspired and it's hard not to go wild with ideas. I'm excited to study you guys' work and techniques to hone my elementary skills.

post-58099-0-29905800-1422413649_thumb.j

Welcome to the best site on the internet! I'm up in Huntsville, and we've got a few other folks from Alabama, too.

Cool! I dig H'ville. I'm down in Anniston. I LOVE tamping around and discovering "new to me" stuff. Any leather tooling conferences or festivals or anything like that where one could learn more in person around the state?

Hello Nick,

Opelika here. Happy to have you on the site, Great folks, plenty of assistance and superb topics are found here.

Not much of any leather activity in my area. If there is, it is very secretive as I have not been able to round up others.

Wish we had a leather expo in our area but doubt that will ever happen.

Great fun.

God Bless.

Ray

There's a group called the Alabama Leather Guild that meets up just outside B'ham about once a month. I don't think they're officially a Guild (as in IFoLG), but they're a nice group of folks. I missed the Jan meeting (the 25th), but I'm hoping to make it next month.

They've got a group page on facebook - here

Thanks guys! I followed that Guild's Facebook page and plan to attend their meet ups!