oldtimer

Singer Patcher Without A Treadle Stand

I got me a Singer 29K patcher in a trade, but the treadle stand was missing .

I built a wooden stand for the machine, and also bolted a small sewing machine motor inside.

It is a cheap solution , but it works !

/ Knut

post-5173-032881700 1306439928_thumb.jpg

post-5173-027297200 1306439952_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer

wow nice job ! looks like a very sturdy table.

I built a wooden stand for the machine, and also bolted a small sewing machine motor inside.

/ Knut

Looks nearly factory!!

Nice job / Knut

Old Timer nice job.  I'm finding myself with a similar dilemma, I'd like to add a motor, but I'm finding out that most of the motors out there are the small .9 volt ones.  If you don't mind, what type of motor did you use, and where did you get it?  Thanks, D. Valencia.

Old Timer nice job. I'm finding myself with a similar dilemma, I'd like to add a motor, but I'm finding out that most of the motors out there are the small .9 volt ones. If you don't mind, what type of motor did you use, and where did you get it? Thanks, D. Valencia.

It is an old, one phase 220 V sewing machine motor with a 1" pulley, no brand name left on it. ( we use 220 V in Sweden instead of your 110 V, 3 phase is 380 V)

I got a call from a guy who had bought an old shoe factory building. There were some stuff left in the basement, old Singer 45K machines, mostly junk, a Singer patcher without the treadle, and a pile of old sewing machine motors.

I bought a couple of motors that looked " fairly good", traded for the the patcher and got a couple 45K door stops (spare parts) for free in the deal. ( Good trade!)

/ Knut

Hej Knut,

I like it! This is the best type of treadle stand. Minimalist design, well suited for a tight shoe repair shop. Great job as usual!

:specool:

Trox

/ Knut