Sign in to follow this  
krains

My first non-scrap project

This is a picture of my first leather project, a wall hanging type thing for my dad. I have taken a class since then, so im interested to see how I do on the next one.

Tips?

- Kevin

project1.jpg

post-5653-1202156893_thumb.jpg

Edited by krains

Not bad Kevin. Keep it up and pretty soon you'll be the next Peter Main. :angel_not:

Not bad at all..... I liked how you put your initials on the leaf as deco cuts.... nice....

Not bad Kevin. Keep it up and pretty soon you'll be the next Peter Main. :angel_not:

slow down marlon :)

Kevin,

Don't mind Marlon, he just finished a class with Peter in Fort Worth and hasn't gotten over it yet. He'll settle down soon. :lol:

That's a good first piece. You've got the idea about subtle techniques now just perfect them and the beveling with practice. Practice with the decorative cuts every chance you get on a piece of cased scrap and strop that swivel knife every time you pick it up. It'll come with time. :cheers:

Happy toolin' & keep up the good work.

Indy

Kevin,

Don't mind Marlon, he just finished a class with Peter in Fort Worth and hasn't gotten over it yet. He'll settle down soon. :lol:

That's a good first piece. You've got the idea about subtle techniques now just perfect them and the beveling with practice. Practice with the decorative cuts every chance you get on a piece of cased scrap and strop that swivel knife every time you pick it up. It'll come with time. :cheers:

Happy toolin' & keep up the good work.

Indy

Ha ha! John, you don't know how right you are!!! I was teasing Kevin, because he was in the class with me.

Kevin, I'm sure Peter's class helped you out a ton. I know it did for me. I now see things in my carvings that I hadn't seen before.

Marlon