hello I needed help on finding information on some saddles i purchased recently. This is what i have found so far I found the history of Newton Porter from Bruces info and I identified the one I have by looking exactly like the picture placed No. 122 in a old Porter catalog. Its an old saddle its been used and been well taken care of a few decades or so, I dont know anything about these other 2 saddles: a Padgitt Bros. Co. Makers Dallas TX and a Running P saddle. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I need to decide what is a fair price one would pay. .These saddles are in very good condition, ready to ride.

I just googled this- http://www.runningpsaddlery.com/ no luck on the other one.

Edited by Timd1159

Running P (Bigbee's?) is in Alabama I think and pretty recent. They give a few of their trophy saddles away out here, but I haven't got to work on one yet. They look alright on the outside, but you never know what is underneath some of the trophy saddles. Seems like from reading the Ropers Sports News the producers give a fair amount of them away for trophy saddles. Padgitt's might be in the saddle and spur maker's book. I am not close to mine right now.

Padgitt Bros was a downtown Dallas leather company from the late 1800's to around 1960. They started out primarily as a saddle and harness shop, but over the years expanded into all forms of leather products.

I'm a descendent of the family and would be interested in seeing the saddle you have. I have one myself that I have restored, and some other leather goods from the company. Could you send me a photo?

Thanks

Padgitt Bros was a downtown Dallas leather company from the late 1800's to around 1960. They started out primarily as a saddle and harness shop, but over the years expanded into all forms of leather products.

I'm a descendent of the family and would be interested in seeing the saddle you have. I have one myself that I have restored, and some other leather goods from the company. Could you send me a photo?

Thanks

Hi Smithtxdds,

I am currently restoring a Padgitt Brothers saddle, I picked it up from an ol' timer that had a truck full of old saddles. This saddle was one of the 10 that I bought. This saddle will be for sale in a few weeks if you are interested. It is complete, tooling is still really good, I am putting new stirrup leathers on it and will put it back to lace up. It will be rideable as well, the tree is still in useable shape. I will send you pictures if you like.

Edited by texastack

Hi Smithtxdds,

I am currently restoring a Padgitt Brothers saddle, I picked it up from an ol' timer that had a truck full of old saddles. This saddle was one of the 10 that I bought. This saddle will be for sale in a few weeks if you are interested. It is complete, tooling is still really good, I am putting new stirrup leathers on it and will put it back to lace up. It will be rideable as well, the tree is still in useable shape. I will send you pictures if you like.

TexasTack - I sent you a message. Yes, I'd be interested in the saddle. Can you send me pics? Thanks. I'm more interested in it in it's original condition, rather than replaced parts. Only interested in it as a collector, not riding. THanks.