Roger

started another

didn't know if this one was a bit too revealing for the showoff section so i put it here.

this is for a good customer of mine. his partner george was nearly killed early september in a work related accident and may never recover.

he has no medical insurance and so i am donating this one for a benefit being put together for him.

still trying to decide if i want to saddle stitch it or lace the edge

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

Wow! what a great job. You got a big heart Roger - good for you. I hope the guy will be alright.

Art

Wow! what a great job. You got a big heart Roger - good for you. I hope the guy will be alright.

Art

thanks art!

i try and donate two-three jobs a year for the right cause

i haven't heard any updates in a couple weeks.

here is their site if you want to read the story. scroll down the page a bit

http://www.lillianrosechoppers.com/index.html

Roger,

Great job on the details the flowers look so REAL !! They don't sag at all !! Oh yea, the girl looks very detailed also!!

Good job and for a good cause!

you know i just found an oops!

guess i'll have to go back and fix it.

i find more things i missed or need to touch up that way :unsure:

Looks killer! great job!

Interesting take on Dr. Strangelove theme, It's not only the flowers that don't sag :rofl: Your work is very impressive, I like the way your tooling really stands out. Do you swivel cut extra deep or lift the edges to get that much relief ?

Interesting take on Dr. Strangelove theme, It's not only the flowers that don't sag :rofl: Your work is very impressive, I like the way your tooling really stands out. Do you swivel cut extra deep or lift the edges to get that much relief ?

LOL!!! thanks guys!

the pinup art was sent to me as a starting point. i told him i would use it if i could do some floral :)

Jordan,

i did some lifting on the flowers and leaves but, not too much since it's a seat.

i use the pebbler to mat down as much as possible

hey Roger that's one sweet seat!

i've been going through the the old posts admiring (and hopefully learning) from all the great seat makers that post here.

but i just wanted to say your work is amazing. i've been a big fan of old style pinup art for years, and this seat is a perfect example. don't worry about it being too revealing, it's just good clean cheesecake. and very well done i must say. and what a great cause! if i ever get good enough for people to want my work, i want to do stuff like that. I read somewhere that bikers give more to charity than any other group proportionately.

i finally ordered a set of pebblers the other day, because i really love the effect you get.

hey Roger that's one sweet seat!

I've been going through the the old posts admiring (and hopefully learning) from all the great seat makers that post here.

but i just wanted to say your work is amazing. I've been a big fan of old style pinup art for years, and this seat is a perfect example. don't worry about it being too revealing, it's just good clean cheesecake. and very well done i must say. and what a great cause! if i ever get good enough for people to want my work, i want to do stuff like that. I read somewhere that bikers give more to charity than any other group proportionately.

i finally ordered a set of pebblers the other day, because i really love the effect you get.

thank you for the compliments!!

pinups are fun to do.

i wish i had the time and funds to donate more often. this is actually the first seat i have donated this year.

generally every 3-4 months something comes up and i donate.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask. there is lots of good help and multiple ways of doing things.

she's done!

i decided to saddle stitch it and give it that old warn sorta look.

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

she's done!

i decided to saddle stitch it and give it that old warn sorta look.

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

Beautiful as usual Roger. Superb work, and yup pin-up/cheesecake is good! Makes great leather!

Keep em' coming, I love looking at your seats!

That looks really awsome!! How do you prepere the leather and what dye are you using for those solid colors? :-)

Your work is very inspirational, you are a craftsman! Another great job. I really like the pin-up stuff and it looks great on your seat!

Nice. Very nice.