RavenAus

New Case For My Kobo Ereader

Got fed up of not having a case for my Kobo Touch so I made this. I made it so the main strap also holds the unit upright with the extra snap so I can put it on the desk in front of me and just read :) Couldn't find any patterns so I made my own :P

It ain't perfect, if I make another I would add another 5mm onto the sides and move the screen hole up my 5, add 5mm to the inner piece top to make up for it, and would make a cutout at the bottom so I don't have to remove it for charging. As the prototype though it's fine as it is, and certainly good enough protection for me. I also used the rune stamps for the first time with a press... Yeah... Use a hammer next time, almost went straight through the bottom, they were almost knifelike!

th_DSC_0178-1_zps7b87c7d2.jpg th_DSC_0177-1_zpsabc0e89e.jpg th_DSC_0175-1_zps093c6eee.jpg

th_DSC_0174-1_zpsff8bc758.jpg th_DSC_0173-1_zps6737d1b3.jpg

Nice design.

I love the design on this and for a prototype it's just great. Cheryl

Like the design!

I know what you mean about there not being any patterns or even many examples to look at out there... my wife got a kindle for Christmas and I was looking around for ideas for making a cover, but like you said, there just aren't any patterns or examples out there! Thanks for sharing :)

Very sharp!!!

Isn't it nice to be able to have a one of a kind cover made by you? Great design! Once you get your design refined I'm sure you'll be making another one.

Thanks everyone :) I'm just so glad I finally got the leather so I could make this, been wanting to since September! I've now got a couple of friends requesting covers for their tablets, which are the same size as the kobo. So I'll have an opportunity to work on the production design :)