Sign in to follow this  
Mijo

Hide House, Napa Ca

I know that there are at least a couple of forum members in northern CA and was wondering if anyone had checked out the Hide House in Napa? If you've been there, please share / post your experience. I'm going for their "designer" latigo sides as they have some pretty ussual colors (i.e. green, blue).

I've been there! Pretty extensive selection, good service, fast shipping... all around good experience and we do use them for certain materials. Wasn't too impressed with the white latigo I tried for there a few years back, got dirty before it even got worn but depends on what you're using it for. There's a good place downtown for lunch on the water and you can bring dogs there, and a pretty decent thrift store in downtown Napa so you can make a day of it.

I've been to their San Dimas (SoCal) location and can honestly say they have the biggest on-hand inventory of leathers I have seen. If the NoCal location is the same, you can literally spend hours looking through everything. Prices are decent as well and they carry hardware, tools and other stuff too. Nice folks to deal with.

Been there a couple times. They have a big warehouse and kind of let you freely roam. I am pretty sure most of the hardware and tools are at San Dimas though. At least that is how it was started out for San Dimas. Lots of leather to look at and they are very hospitable. Realize that most of their business is telephone orders. The reps will be on the phone and might point you to an area, but usually are tied up enough they won't lead you through and go through the different options in every aisle. Kind of find something and they will break away to explain a particluar leather and be happy to do that.

Never been to their place of business but did buy some leather from them last year. A beautiful piece of 8/9 oz cow hide, factory dyed Cordovan. Seems I bought a couple other pieces from them with no complaints on quality or service. That is shipping from Cal. to Ohio.

ferg

Been there a couple times. They have a big warehouse and kind of let you freely roam. I am pretty sure most of the hardware and tools are at San Dimas though. At least that is how it was started out for San Dimas. Lots of leather to look at and they are very hospitable. Realize that most of their business is telephone orders. The reps will be on the phone and might point you to an area, but usually are tied up enough they won't lead you through and go through the different options in every aisle. Kind of find something and they will break away to explain a particluar leather and be happy to do that.

I too have been to the San Dimas store but they have closed down the San Dimas store! a month or two back... Darn it! They seem to have a great selection and pretty decent prices too. Now all orders come from Napa I hear.

I too have been to the San Dimas store but they have closed down the San Dimas store! a month or two back... Darn it! They seem to have a great selection and pretty decent prices too. Now all orders come from Napa I hear.

Damn, I was just there mid-June for the parking lot sale and they didn't say a word. Oh well, yet another supplier of leather goods gone from L.A....soon we'll have to mail order everything of any decent quality.

Yes, big disappointment with them closing up down here. I was at the parking lot sale too and wow, fantastic deals!

Just wanted to bump this thread as I finally made it to the Hide House in Napa, last Friday. I was really impressed with their facility and the shear volume of their inventory. Their staff was very friendly and extremely accomodating, though they did mention that I caught them during some downtime and normally they don't have the time to give customers a tour. I'm definately going to use them as my main supplier for leather, as I haven't been that thrilled with my interactions with Weaver.

Just wanted to bump this thread as I finally made it to the Hide House in Napa, last Friday. I was really impressed with their facility and the shear volume of their inventory. Their staff was very friendly and extremely accomodating, though they did mention that I caught them during some downtime and normally they don't have the time to give customers a tour. I'm definately going to use them as my main supplier for leather, as I haven't been that thrilled with my interactions with Weaver.

I have used them by phone order, great experience overall, they were very helpful on the phone and the latigo is top notch.

It has been a few years since i've been to Napa, the wife has never been there so it seems it maybe time for a road trip for wine tasting and leather!!