Ootpac

Harbor Freight Press And Wet Forming Clamp

I have been lurking around for a bit, but this is my first post.

First up is a clamp I made from scrap MDF board. I use this for glueing leather together, and wetforming. I drilled holes in each corner, and used bolts and wingnuts. This was made for my Cold Steel Trail Hawk sheaths.

small_100_1375.jpg

I also used lightweight springs to keep the top clamp up when the wingnuts are loosened up. Makes it alot easier to insert the project. The upper holes are also slightly larger, which allows it to conform to the curve of the tomahawk blade while wet forming.

small_100_1377.jpg

It produces some pretty satisfying results.

small_100_1390.jpg

Next up is my Press. I was getting tired of the way my snaps and rivets were coming out when using a hammer and setter. I read a few places of people using the Harbor Freight 1-Ton press for setting rivets and snaps. The press cost my around $50 shipped.

small_100_1382.jpg

I gave my dad the rack out of the press and had him drill out 2 holes for the setters and drill and tap them for set screws. I am very fortunate to have a father that is a machinist. He has helped dozens of times with projects, and he always does an excellent job.

small_100_1385.jpg

The first hole fits the smaller diameter setters for Line 24/20/16 snaps and eyelets.

small_100_1387.jpg

The rear hole fits the large diameter setters for Rivets and Segma snaps. We were also thinking of fitting one of those interchangeable hole punchs to this press.

small_100_1388.jpg

Hi Ootpac;;

Very well done my friend ;;I like both projects a lot ,,,great ideas put to good use,,thanks for sharing ,,,,,

Doc