Sign in to follow this  
valdez

pro petal tool set

anybody know were i can get some pro petal tool set ive been looking around and can find anything

please help . thank you all for any information.

anybody know were i can get some pro petal tool set ive been looking around and can find anything

please help . thank you all for any information.

The only place that I know of where you can get a set of different sizes of pro petal tools is from Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics. You can see his brochure at

http://www.greyghostgraphics.com/Brochure.pdf

The pro petal tools are towards the bottom of the page.

You should be able to get a pro petal tool from either Tandy or Hidecrafter also, but I think they only make one or two sizes, both fairly large.

Clay

Hide Crafter has 2 sizes listed (#1308-00 & #1309-00= small & large) for about 6.95 each

My $0.02. I have purchased the tandy ones and had to modify them to actually do what they are supposed to do nicely.

I first learned about Jeff's petal tools just before the IFOLG show last year and was able to see them at the show. they are some nice looking tools.

I am saving the pesos to get a set from him, as he does offer more sizes than Tandy or HC.

According to our local Tandy, they don't carry pro petal tools any longer.

Just a heads up, might want to check with your local one.

- Noel

The only place that I know of where you can get a set of different sizes of pro petal tools is from Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics. You can see his brochure at

http://www.greyghostgraphics.com/Brochure.pdf

The pro petal tools are towards the bottom of the page.

You should be able to get a pro petal tool from either Tandy or Hidecrafter also, but I think they only make one or two sizes, both fairly large.

Clay

I suppose all you are talking about the plastic craftaids from Tandy make it with laser, not with a pressure machine. Anybody can tell me the scientific or commercial name of the material which the pattern is made? I read in the catalogue Delrin but I can't to ascertain the name. Thanks.

Actually the tool we are talking about is the one pictured.

Delrin is a trade name product from Dupont. Delrin is an acteal homopolymer

pro_petal.jpg

post-50-1183145491_thumb.jpg

I got my two pro petals from tandy when I was doing a pattern that called for them, when I asked them at tandy about them, I was told that tandy was no longer carrying them but they still had a few in stock so I bought both sizes they carried....

Clay, does Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics have a habbit of not replying to email enquaries about getting a quote from him? I have emailed him twice and have not heard from him....

I got my two pro petals from tandy when I was doing a pattern that called for them, when I asked them at tandy about them, I was told that tandy was no longer carrying them but they still had a few in stock so I bought both sizes they carried....

Clay, does Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics have a habbit of not replying to email enquaries about getting a quote from him? I have emailed him twice and have not heard from him....

The pro petal tools that Jeff makes are probably all smaller than the smallest one Tandy or Hidecrafter carries/carried. His come in 4 sizes and are shaped a little different so that the heel doesn't drag when you are cutting in with them. They are sharp when you get them. The ones he has now are hardened too. Mine weren't, and when I used them for certain things they probably weren't meant to be used for they would bend. They shouldn't any more.

Jeff is a really nice guy. He does a lot of custom guitar work along with teaching, carving, and custom maker stamps etc. I think he said he might even be playing guitar again. I don't think he would ignore you on purpose Wolvenstien. You might try calling him as he could possibly be traveling somewhere and not getting his email.

Clay

K

Thank Clay

I will give him a ring tomorrow....