Scary Leatherworks

Question About Maverick Style Bag

I posted this in the "bag, briefcase" section a few days ago but I don't think that forum gets many visitors so I thought I'd try here also. As the title says any ideas how to make the top of the bag more rigid so it can be carried without the top lifting/bending. the bag is in the style of ESantoro's I can see on his he has another piece of leather on the underside stitched to the top is there anything that should go between as an added stiffener

thanks

Scott

I think normally what is in there is a steel bar that the handle is riveted to. You could probably hit up the local hardware store or metal yard for a length. I've never actually done it before so as far as gauge/size I don't know.

Andy

I posted this in the "bag, briefcase" section a few days ago but I don't think that forum gets many visitors so I thought I'd try here also. As the title says any ideas how to make the top of the bag more rigid so it can be carried without the top lifting/bending. the bag is in the style of ESantoro's I can see on his he has another piece of leather on the underside stitched to the top is there anything that should go between as an added stiffener

thanks

Scott

scott, go and buy you a large cheap office folder, the one with 4 metal rings (ringfolder?) remove the rings from base and use the holes to rivet to top flap....makes nice stiffener. Or go to Lowes or Homedepot, buy some 1 inch or a bit wider aluminum flats....drill, rivet...done....makes great stiffener and makes your bag look square too!!

James