Jordan

Finally made something for myself

Late last night the bug hit hard, decided I would make a guitar strap for myself. The photos are not very good, I need to make another light box and practice a lot :guitar: The guitar and taking pictures :rofl: The slide adjuster is a square buckle I removed the center thingy from and used chicago screws to put it all together. The neck attachment is a store bought quick release strap.

P1010049.JPG

P1010050.JPG

P1010053.JPG

post-4868-1221079507_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1221079555_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1221079693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

Looks great. I have to get around to making a new belt for myself.

ArtS

Nice job Jordan. Sometimes we all have to do something for ourselves.

Nice looking Axe too. Can't see the Name. What kind is it.

(PS: I would lace that buckle up, looks like a dinger to me.)

Yes I think I will lace up the slider although the guitar already had a heater vent fall from the ceiling and put a huge ding and crack in the lower bout. Was a 16 hundred dollar Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Acoustic/Electric before the disaster. I am still looking for a competent repair person in my neck of the woods. I would tackle it myself but had to sell most of my woodworking/guitar repair tools last year to pay bills.

Nice work on the basketweave there, Jordan... and really nice work on the color! I wish I knew how to play the guitar so I could make one of those for me :)

Our little secret, the weave was done with a roll and hand crank embosser! I usually try to stamp, but it was late and I hadn't used the thing in awhile. The color is Black Antique Gel from Tandy with Leather Balm/Atom wax top coat. If I make another I am going to sew some faux wool on the shoulder pad for comfort and some on the tail end of the strap to protect the guitar from wear around the bottom button.

Nice job on the strap Jordan - I am delighted to see you are another member of the 'tin mug club'.