Andrew Chee

New Satchel/briefcase

Hello all. Just finished this one. It's a satchel/briefcase made in Sedgwick english bridle leather. Interesting leather to work with. The interior has a small selvege denim pocket but otherwise unlined.

Andrew

post-19812-0-88828400-1373860890_thumb.jpost-19812-0-82493100-1373860891_thumb.jpost-19812-0-86979900-1373860892_thumb.jpost-19812-0-52640800-1373860893_thumb.jpost-19812-0-11618000-1373860894_thumb.j

I like it! The stitching is so straight. Everything looks very uniform. Did you hand stitch it?

First off, that bag looks great. I like the clean and simple lines and design as well as the uncluttered interior. I also like the folded over straps. That's a unique touch that I haven't seen.

Second, I'm a noob, and I have a technical question. How did you machine stitch the gusset? I have a new to me Tippmann Boss, and this is just the kind of thing that I'd like to do. How do you get that seam under the foot? Doesn't it get pushed out of the way by the needle plate and the area where the bobbin is - especially when you're going around the bend?

Andrew,

Your getting pretty good at this Leather Butchering. LOL GREAT job!

ferg

First off, that bag looks great. I like the clean and simple lines and design as well as the uncluttered interior. I also like the folded over straps. That's a unique touch that I haven't seen.

Second, I'm a noob, and I have a technical question. How did you machine stitch the gusset? I have a new to me Tippmann Boss, and this is just the kind of thing that I'd like to do. How do you get that seam under the foot? Doesn't it get pushed out of the way by the needle plate and the area where the bobbin is - especially when you're going around the bend?

Thanks everyone. The gusset on this is a bit tricky. I have an artisan toro 3000 and I have the harness plate for it. That plas

The lets you sew around difficult corners like that cause you canngetnright up to the edge with it. Also, I had to contact cement the pieces together first or else it would have been too difficult to hold the pieces in place while sewing. I'm not sure a boss has the harness plate attachment so I'm not sure what you can do. Perhaps you can try sewing from the inside of the gusset out?

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. The Boss does have a harness plate accessory available that I'll have to check out. Definitely post more of your work when you can to inspire us new guys that are looking forward to being where you're at.

Thanks for the harness plate info, good to know when looking to buy a sewing machine

Handsome bag!

Edited by WScott

@Morte100. Where did you find a harness plate for The Boss? I too own a tipman but have never seen that plate and didnt see it on their site.

@Andrew Bag looks great btw!

Andrew,

This is fantastic. Everything is so nice and clean.

Regards

KN

Andrew, that is a great looking bag. Love the design.

Very clean and neat design. You did a great job

Nice design and execution. Why did you say that the Sedgwick leather was interesting to work with? Some unique quality that we are unaware of or something else?

Sedgwick bridle is a very firm leather with a hard waxy finish. The flesh side is very waxy as well. Just very different in feel to American "English bridle" leather.

Andrew