JDTagish

Instructables Leather Goods Contest

I've written what I hope is a good beginners guide to leather working. Tandy is sponsoring a contest on Instructables, which I have entered with this Instructable. Should you happen to be a member there, and would be able to vote for me in the contest, I'd appreciate that. Even more, I would love any feedback regarding the Instructable, should you have any.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Introduction-to-Leatherworking/

I think that handbag and tutorial from Caracoda should walk this contest in.

Very detailed. Thanks for sharing

I think that handbag and tutorial from Caracoda should walk this contest in.

His work and explainations are excellent. Fortunately, you can only win once, which leaves a bit of room for the rest of us, lol!

Very detailed. Thanks for sharing

Thanks much. I thought that a more generalized overall look at getting started might have use. I know a lot of people go all over the web trying to learn how to do things, and I spent the most time on the things that were hardest for me to lean, like casing. It's just so subjective, and yet totally not if you want it right. But I couldn't find anything visual that said how much water, was enough, and when to start. I'd try to do what some people say, like dipping it in water until you stop seeing bubbles, but then the leather would be so bleeping mushy that it would be days before it dried enough to tool,. and of course, I was too impatient to wait that long, so I ruined a bunch of stuff.

Of course, I linked to this site as well, it's invaluable as a resource.