carr52

finally got the result I wanted.

It took me a while but I'm happy with the result I got with this last practice plait. I skived the edges and rolled it between two boards after I plaited it. I stained it just to show the result. Well that and to cover up the dirt I got on it by rolling it on the back deck. I'll use a cleaner board for the real thing. I got some paracord so I can practice plaiting and dropping strands as I go to get it down to 4 strands at the end. Paracord is a lot cheaper than leather to practice with.

Tom

IMG_0016__2_.JPG

IMG_0016__2_.JPG

post-6291-1213926371_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1213926421_thumb.jpg

looks good tom...i got the book for that but haven't given it much of a go yet...trying to figure out edge braiding...looks sharp though with the stain on it...i think braiding once ya got'er down will be a relaxing thing to do...but until then it sure seems to cross the wires in my head sometimes :crazy: lol

darryl

looks good tom...i got the book for that but haven't given it much of a go yet...trying to figure out edge braiding...looks sharp though with the stain on it...i think braiding once ya got'er down will be a relaxing thing to do...but until then it sure seems to cross the wires in my head sometimes :crazy: lol

darryl

Yea, I know what ya mean. One of the hardest things for me was skiving all the edges so the finished plaid would round out better.

Tom