Cowhorses

What Can You Tell Me About This Machine

Says it's a durkopp adler (patcher) same as a singer 29-4. I think I heard that patchers can be good but limited in what they can do. Not sure of max lift or thread size on this type of machine. Whats a good one worth? I know there are lots of folks here that know about these. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance!

post-36987-0-39996500-1362638090_thumb.j

Well I can tell you it's NOt a Durkopp -Adler,It's a Durkopp the factory that built it was bombed during the war & they never rebuilt.SO there isn't any parts available for it anywere.We do have needles in stock for it & that all.

When sewing they do sew pretty good.

Here's a pic of the one we have.

post-7185-0-76008200-1362659013_thumb.jp

Well I can tell you it's NOt a Durkopp -Adler,It's a Durkopp the factory that built it was bombed during the war & they never rebuilt.SO there isn't any parts available for it anywere.We do have needles in stock for it & that all.

When sewing they do sew pretty good.

Here's a pic of the one we have.

Thanks Bob. This machine is for sale here locally and considered buying it just for...who the heck knows. Doubt that I will buy it, i really don't know what they are worth, especially since no parts available. And, not real sure what job it might be good for. I'm still going to buy one from you when my other one sells.

That machine, like all others of this type are made for sewing shoe and boot uppers. They basically have a limited amount of lift that cannot be exceeded and tiny bobbins that empty quickly. Patchers like this one are best limited to #69 bonded nylon thread, or maybe #92 bonded polyester.

There is a class of Adler patchers that has higher sewing capacities, but they are hard to find for sale and very expensive.

That machine, like all others of this type are made for sewing shoe and boot uppers. They basically have a limited amount of lift that cannot be exceeded and tiny bobbins that empty quickly. Patchers like this one are best limited to #69 bonded nylon thread, or maybe #92 bonded polyester.

There is a class of Adler patchers that has higher sewing capacities, but they are hard to find for sale and very expensive.

Thanks for the info. it seems this machine will probably not end up in my shop. I have an old hand crank singer(and a motorized one), that I use for fine sewing. They do they job.

I just seen this one with the arm and I need an arm machine...but no parts and it just doesn't sound like it's worth $500.