Sign in to follow this  
1Man

DUALL #88 Cement

Hi, does anyone use DUALL #88 Cement and what's your opinion on it compared to the stuff you can get at Tandy's?

I like it. I was using it before Siegel raised the price, which prompted me to stock up on Tandy's old stock, before they changed to a more eco-friendly product and raised the price through the roof. When I need to stock up again, I will return to Duall #88, or I'll try Masters. Whatever I choose, price will dictate. I don't want to pay more than $13 a quart.

ed

I use Duall 88 all the time. I find it's better than Barge when working with wet leather. Sometimes I let it dry and then heat it with a hot air gun before I stick the pieces together.

I used Duall for a while, but just didn't care for it all that much. Actually I've gravitated to a product called Van Grip, by Midwest chemical. But I think that most folks have their own favorites, and their own way of using them. We go thru so much glue, that the Van Grip is very practical from a cost standpoint as well as holding power. But you really can't buy it in anything other than 5 gallon pails for it to be cost effective. We sell tons of Masters, tons of Barge. I don't really know why we couldn't seem to sell the duall. It's good glue.

Kevin

I keep hearing about Duall 88, but have never used it. I love Barge and Masters, they each have their special applications for me. Is Duall 88 similar? Is it an entirely different animal? Is it a contact cement? And who makes/distribute it?

Bob

I keep hearing about Duall 88, but have never used it. I love Barge and Masters, they each have their special applications for me. Is Duall 88 similar? Is it an entirely different animal? Is it a contact cement? And who makes/distribute it?

Bob

Duall 88 is contact cement. I have bought it from Siegel of Ca. I'd buy enough at a shot to get free shipping.

ed

I use Dap Weldwood Contact Cement. I Buy it for about $8/qt. at my local home improvement ctr/hardware store.

I've never tried the low VOC kind, though.