lightningad

Strap Dimensions?

I want to have a go making a guitar strap for my dad, but i don't play guitar so have never had reason to hold one let alone study it!

I've seen plenty of straps online for me to work out how i'm going to make it. (I'm gonna try a two parter with the thinner strap weaving through a series of slots)

Can anyone tell me what the usual sizes are for the pieces i am describing?

I can't really ask my dad as its a surprise and he lives too far away for me to make the trip to try grab a sneaky peak at any he might own.

thanks

adam

thanks McJeep - i have already downloaded that pattern but not got any printer ink! Hence asking about sizes!

regards

Adam

The dimensions are in the pdf file you don't need any ink. The dark gray boxes are one inch square the light grey boxes in side the dark grey box is .25 inch. The main body is thirty six inches long with one inch slots spaced one inch apart. it is three inches wide and tapers to two inches about ten inches from the end of the strap. The adjustment is one inch wide with a two inch by inch and one half. You should be able to figure the rest of it.

thanks McJeep - i have already downloaded that pattern but not got any printer ink! Hence asking about sizes!

regards

Adam

Perfect - thanks very much. Thats exactly the info i was after.