Sign in to follow this  
Jason Austin

Engraved Silver Letters

I have done some searching here and online with no luck.

I am looking for those carved silver letters people put on western belts instead of stamping the letters. I found a place that sells them on belts but not just the letters.

Anyone know of a place?

Thanks,

Jason

Tandy Leather has them listed on page 112 of their current catalog. They are 3/4 inch high.

Tandy is the only sourse for those 3/4 inch letters. At one time I had a request for 2" silver letters on a guitar stap and could not get anyone in the silversmith community to make them for me.

rc

Weaver also has some letters like that.

i have a number of them some as big as an inch some 3/4 but theres not a very good selection of letters. the price is right if you want them all.

Hey,

Thank you all for the replies. I never thought of them as "conchos" so I didn't search for those. Now that I have, I see them all over the place. I was really hoping for some sterling ones instead of "silver finish". So far I have found some silver-plated ones at www.sdtradingco.com but I am still looking.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jason

Montana Silversmiths makes ( or used to ) the letters you are talking about. Every belt I own has them on it. I recently bought some from Tandy's, but their screws are smaller and break way too easy when you tighten them. Montana's arent the flakey silver plate.

Kevin Hopkins at Springfield Leather Co. sells them, and at a good price too. Billy P