Sign in to follow this  
Calleather

Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site looking for some type of organization that has help and information for leather crafters. This is GREAT! I grew up in a family business that made Law Enforcement leather and been away from it for 20+ years. I've always had the itch to get back and do some hobby/custom stuff. I look forward to asking a lot of questions. It looks like I found the right place with the right people to get back in the saddle (pun intended)

Larry

Welcome Larry,

You will find that everyone here is more than happy to answer your questions. Anything you need to know, someone here has tried it and will know the correct way to do it.

And we just love pics too....hint...hint

Ken

Larry,

Hello and welcome. I am about 70 miles S of Sacramento in Oakdale. Lots of gunleather folks here. If you want to make a special seat for a motorcycle patrolman, you are really at the right place. Shout away with questions, and feel free to go back and add to any previous threads you have questions or advice about.

hi Larry welcome to the site hope you enjoy it here so pull up a chare a make yourself feel at home, Don

Hello Larry. This is definately the right place to bring those questions. And, you'll get lots of help and bonified answers.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard Larry. Enjoy your stay, learn allot and of course post pics of your work. We are kind of junkies for seeing other peoples stuff.

Thanks Everyone!

Headed out for vacation in the morning, but will be back with those questions soon!. Have a great week.....

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site looking for some type of organization that has help and information for leather crafters. This is GREAT! I grew up in a family business that made Law Enforcement leather and been away from it for 20+ years. I've always had the itch to get back and do some hobby/custom stuff. I look forward to asking a lot of questions. It looks like I found the right place with the right people to get back in the saddle (pun intended)

Larry

Welcome Larry! What's the name of the famiy business? Is it still around? You're in the right place, these guys are like a leather encyclopedia. I just lurk and learn. They're amazing!

Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been buried at my real job and just picked this back up. My family business was a small place called L&A Leather in Northern California. We made Law Enforcemnet holsters and accessories. I am making some Sporting goods stuff like slings, game straps etc.

... thought the hogs eit u ... lol! Welcome back!