andersandersson

Saddle Id Help Needed. J.w. Jenkins? Age?

I believe the makers mark on this says "_______ins & Sons". The beginning is worn off. The leather on the jockey is curled up so this photo angle gives a deceiving impression of the jockey shape/length: It is not straight at the bottom, but IS fairly short. I will post a better picture when I get my hands on a working camera.

I have done some research already and through a process of elimination in looking for makers with "& Sons" in the name, I came up with Jenkins & Sons. The remnant of the mark is on the tie strap holder and although it cannot be seen in the photo, the "ns" in "Jenkins" lines up with the letters in "& Sons" in the same way on my saddle as in the photo of a clear Jenkin's mark (second from bottom of page at http://www.cowboyshowcase.com/saddle_makers.htm..

Any insight into the date is was made, where I can see a picture of another like it (like an old catalog), and whether or not is has any value would be appreciated.

post-39073-0-38153700-1360525003_thumb.j

post-39073-0-98304900-1360525431_thumb.j

post-39073-0-94414400-1360525546_thumb.j

Edited by andersandersson