Anne Bonnys Locker

Something New, Different And Possibly (?) Pointless.

Behold the latest from the Anne Bonny's Locker/Able Sewing skunkworks! The picture quality is not great but then I wouldn't want somebody to pinch my technology ;)

post-20807-086419100 1323938653_thumb.jp

post-20807-067293100 1323938758_thumb.jp

Edited by Anne Bonnys Locker

It looks like a great job there,better than handcrankin it?Have you ever ran one of those machines much?I've always wondered how they hold up?

Bob

Number one demonstration machine has been through about 5000m of thread, it lived in the back of my wagon, has been dropped many times, has been rained on dozens of times and is full of dust yet it keeps going. The only part broken was the needle bar driver (they are out of a Singer 15) and that was because it dropped onto concrete. Of the 300 machines sold I have had 8 warranty returns, two due to customer error and the remainder either transport issues or faults in my testing and setup process. When demonstrating the machines I sew through heavy canvas lined horse rugs, two layers of 8oz veg tan or two pieces (4 layers) of heavy canvas fire hose. They seem to hold up well :).

I do make a few modifications to the basic machine and the only reason I sell so many is because I take them out to horse events and other places that potential users gather.

The treadle is a prototype and I don't actually expect to sell many (if any) but it helps show off my abilities and prove I do more than just shift boxes. I probably should have put the time into more profitable ventures like the 29k automatic bobbin winder that is all but ready to put to market but this was fun to do.

It looks like a great job there,better than handcrankin it?Have you ever ran one of those machines much?I've always wondered how they hold up?

Bob

Edited by Anne Bonnys Locker

Darren;

Can you narrow down the part or parts that are causing the timing problem with the shuttles? If it is poor casting or machining, could you replace those parts with locally machined or cast parts? It would increase the cost a bit, but would also be a plus for local buyers to know there is reliable Aussie content in them.

I will have to make a clear needle plate to really see what is going on but it isn't the timing as such - more the thread path on the bottom end. I will get it working eventually!!!!!!!

Darren;

Can you narrow down the part or parts that are causing the timing problem with the shuttles? If it is poor casting or machining, could you replace those parts with locally machined or cast parts? It would increase the cost a bit, but would also be a plus for local buyers to know there is reliable Aussie content in them.

Hi guys. I have seen this machine with 3 heads/motors/treaddles on the same table all designed to do different applications in the shoe industry. I have not seen one for at least 15 years though. Good stuff Darren! Steve

They do make three larger versions of the machine: a 2" post bed, an angled up bed and a really long stroke version that takes a needle that does not exist outside of China. I have a sample each of the long stroke and the post bed as I was hoping to try some odd applications with them but they are "difficult" to work with. The post bed might have some applications with milliners although it uses the 794 needle system.

Hi guys. I have seen this machine with 3 heads/motors/treaddles on the same table all designed to do different applications in the shoe industry. I have not seen one for at least 15 years though. Good stuff Darren! Steve

Thanks Steve.

I have taken the prototype along to a couple of shows and have proved that the world really is mad.

While I intended the machine to be an attention grabber I never expected it to be something that anybody would want but there is demand for it and I am holding several orders!!!!!!!