Sign in to follow this  
humperdingle

1St Attempt At A 'messenger' Bag

Well, this was a chore lol... A 1st, experimental, messenger bag.

Missus wanted a satchel type bag, but I think this one turned out more man-sized :D

Made with a 3 piece gusset, which, tbh, was a hassle, and i've created a much simpler design for my next project.

Not really happy with the dyeing (Started off as a natural veg tan colour) - Could have done with another coat, but I just wanted to see the back of it!

Changes for the future - Chunkier buckle (maybe two straps), buy leather the right colour to start with and make it smaller.

post-38532-0-28988700-1363262635_thumb.j

I have one to make for one of my daughters. Rough measurements.....15" wide, 12" high, 4" gusset. I personally think it

will be too heavy, she doesn't think so.

It will contain, iPad with stylus, cell phone, iPod Touch, two chargers, two small cables, a fairly large wallet, check book, ball point pen,and glasses case. All of these must be accessible from the top. Flap over front, secured with two turn type enclosures. Didn't want straps and buckles.

I will be putting a strap long enough to go "Cross Chest". Easier to carry plus more secure out and about.

I think maybe she could use it for a sleeping bag at night. LOL

ferg

This one measures approx 13"x13" overall... And yeh, it's pretty heavy even without a divider, but does have a 9" pocket under the front flap.

Too big even for my wife - Looks about right on me, but I don't carry a bag!