Sign in to follow this  
knockout

looking something to sub as a 2" hub capish

Been looking all over for this item, I got a good list of links, is this something that can be found and if it's out there someone please point me in the right direction.

and what is a 2" hub capish?

a piece of metal, round in shape, went on cars kinda domed. think really large plain concho, or buckle,or spot it just has to be 2".I guess one well placed space would of helped me. thank you all in advance.

a piece of metal, round in shape, went on cars kinda domed. think really large plain concho, or buckle,or spot it just has to be 2".I guess one well placed space would of helped me. thank you all in advance.

Are you looking for a wheel cover? (hub cap)? The center on many styles of wheels O.E.M. and after market have centers that "pop" or snap in.

They can be found at tire and wheel stores or if you just need a large 2 inch concho made show one to a machine shop and they can "turn" you out one in whatever matl. you want and also something welded on the back side to attatch it where ever you need it to go.

Hope this is some help, add some info to your question and maybe someone can get you exactly what you need or the info.

we called them "BULLETTS" BACK IN THE 50's & 60's, check out a JC WHITNEY'S CATAOLG

YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING IN THERE.

There is always the block of wood with a 2" hollow, a 2 and 1/4" metal disc and your trusty Ball-Peen Hammer, although a catalog or auto recyclers would be a lot easier. I got to get some replacement logo buttons for my bmw wheels one of these days, dang carwash blasted the old ones down the drain.

How about a thing called an"expansion plug" Some people call them "Freeze Plugs". They come in all different sizes, & thicknesses. Most are basicall flat, but some have a little bit of a dome. You might look for these at a good Old Time type auto parts store. Some of the newer chains wouldn't have a clue at to how to find the right size for you. I managed auto parts store for Many years, & we always carried ours in the Dorman brand name. If I remember correctly, there is about 150 different sizes. Good Luck,,,, Ed

Been looking all over for this item, I got a good list of links, is this something that can be found and if it's out there someone please point me in the right direction.