Dags3777

Janomne 6600P

I am currently looking at a Janome 6600P sewing machine for my wife for a chrissie presant. I've been told it handle leather well. It's $1800 reduced from $2800. Any one used one, have a coments. It'l be fine for her work, but will it be a reasanable leather machhinne.

I only sew thin leathers from kangaroo up to proberbly 2.5 mm. Mostly wallets and key cases. Any info before I waste my economic bonus will be greatly apreciated. Darryl

Hi Darryl,

The 6600P should cost you around $1500, and is a good home sewing machine. It will handle garment leathers with the proper needle, but it is not going to handle heavier (46 or 69) thread and the needles to match without some serious setup work. If you are doing work on medium duty leather then this is not really the machine for you, it is just not heavy enough. Leave your wife's machine alone, you will have a happier life. As far as sewing machines go, her's is her's and mine is her's.

Art

I am currently looking at a Janome 6600P sewing machine for my wife for a chrissie presant. I've been told it handle leather well. It's $1800 reduced from $2800. Any one used one, have a coments. It'l be fine for her work, but will it be a reasanable leather machhinne.

I only sew thin leathers from kangaroo up to proberbly 2.5 mm. Mostly wallets and key cases. Any info before I waste my economic bonus will be greatly apreciated. Darryl