Nathan Horn

A Couple Of Questions On Belts

Hey, I just have a couple of questions on how to do a regular old belt

First one is: How do you figure out how long to make the belt? What measurements do I need and such?

Second one is: How do you figure out where to center a name on the back of a belt?

Thank you for any and all help you can give.

Go to my website, . . . the belt page will give you pictures and the information. www.dwightsgunleather.com

You have to make the belt, . . . let him wear it in the pants he wears most often, . . . window the name between the loops is the best, . . . I think.

May God bless,

Dwight

If you're making a belt for yourself or someone else, measure a belt you wear now....NOT your jean size.

Measure from the tip of the buckle to the hole you now use. That's your belt size. The midway point of this measurement would be where you center the name.

belt_length-1.jpg

Hey, I just have a couple of questions on how to do a regular old belt

First one is: How do you figure out how long to make the belt? What measurements do I need and such?

Second one is: How do you figure out where to center a name on the back of a belt?

Thank you for any and all help you can give.

The belt is made 8-9 inches longer than the size required for the belt. An example a size 40 belt requires a piece of leather 49 inches long or 48 if you want the snaps/rivets closer together. These snaps or rivets would hold the belt loope.

A far as figuring the center of the name on the belt first you need to find the center of the name the center of the belt is 1/2 the length.

I borrowed a picture from another post to show the correct measurement of the belt size. The belt size is determined by the size of the pants the lady or gentleman wears. If they wear a size 38 pants they would wear the next size in a belt that would be a size 40, etc.

I hope that did not confuse the matter.

post-12567-077408500 1318078493_thumb.jp

Hey, thank you guys so much for your help. I think that I've got it figured out. Hope you guys have a great day.