Hi Everyone, Here's a few pictures of a case I just completed for a customer. I tried a little different shape on the lid this time around after a suggestion by John Barton. Thank you John for the suggestion, I like the way it turned out. The color is lt. brown reduced down quite a bit with brown antique paste for highlights. Thanks for looking and all comments and advice are greatly appreciated! 100_1306.jpg100_1303.jpg100_1295.jpg100_1314.jpg

Really nice job, Rusty. That one is covered in tooling...sheesh, that must have taken some time! The cap turned out good.

What a beauty:-)

Really nice job and I love the small extra details/pieces too.

It's a gorgeous piece of work! I have no idea what kind of case it is, but it's a beaut!

Brent

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Brent it's a pool cue case, I guess I should have said what it was.

Wonderful Job Rusty! :notworthy:

How long did a piece like that take you?

ShirleyZ

This looks much slimmer with the new lid. I especially like the choice to put the latch tag under the lid, it's unusual and keeps the case looking slim. Nice job again!

You're too fast for me - I only have one case to put up against your two! ;-)

Thanks for the compliments Panther, Shirley, and John. Shirley it took 9 days to make that one, I'm pretty slow. It seems the farther I get done on them the slower I go, I'd hate to goof them up at that point. John thanks again for the idea about the lid, its easier to cut and I think it looks better too. I sort of like the snap under the lid but may put it on the outside on the next one so I can put a top handle on it.

Another fantastic job, Rusty, really beautiful!

Steve

Thanks for the compliments Panther, Shirley, and John. Shirley it took 9 days to make that one, I'm pretty slow. It seems the farther I get done on them the slower I go, I'd hate to goof them up at that point. John thanks again for the idea about the lid, its easier to cut and I think it looks better too. I sort of like the snap under the lid but may put it on the outside on the next one so I can put a top handle on it.

You could put a top handle inside the lid diameter as well. I have done that a few times by cutting a slot for it. But it never turned me on as much as I thought it would just seemed weird and off. On the orginal Predator cue cases I did design it this way and it worked but only because the handle straps were nylon and slim. Any time I have done it with 2mm or thicker leather I haven't liked it.

You night try this though: Put the thick part of the handle/snap strap inside the lid and run a thinner piece over the top. This way the thinner profile is maintained and the piece won't look funny. Well it might :-) I don't know as I haven't tried it this way ever. Not all jb ideas are good ones......