Sign in to follow this  
JC Javelle

Cowboy Hat

I have been looking and looking, and I cannot find the pattern or instructions for a cowboy hat (aside from a website charging $40 for a video). I could wing it, but I don't know the measurements or size ratio to make one. :helpsmilie:

I want to make one out of leather similar to this style:

HAT614_Sydney_Large.jpg

(Yes, I realize the one in the picture is made of straw.)

Anyone have something to share?

Much appreciated,

Jessica

PS: I have my ideas, but shared brainstorming would be nice. For the top, I was figuring one piece, maybe two. Would the brim be made with one or two layers (two so the underside could be tooled maybe)? How would you edge the brim?

Edited by JC Javelle

I have been looking and looking, and I cannot find the pattern or instructions for a cowboy hat (aside from a website charging $40 for a video). I could wing it, but I don't know the measurements or size ratio to make one. :helpsmilie:

I want to make one out of leather similar to this style:

HAT614_Sydney_Large.jpg

(Yes, I realize the one in the picture is made of straw.)

Anyone have something to share?

Much appreciated,

Jessica

PS: I have my ideas, but shared brainstorming would be nice. For the top, I was figuring one piece, maybe two. Would the brim be made with one or two layers (two so the underside could be tooled maybe)? How would you edge the brim?

do a search on this site for 'Hats" or "2062' there is a zip file of tandy hat patterns from way back. One very similar to what you are looking for.

Thank you!! :dance: