NewYorkerInSydney

High Quality Metal Stamps And Branding Iron

Hello good people,

I am in search of some good quality custom stamps for my logo with a maker in which is easily accessible via email, website, etc. Im looking for the metal looking ones please. Also, Id love to be able to use it with a branding iron if possible as well. Is this possible? I live in Australia and we have a different voltage situation here so I cannot buy any of the branding irons i see on the internet. I wonder if I could just buy one anyway and just use an adaptor that will allow me to use it here in Australia. Or might that be a fire risk?

Thank you all for your help and I look forward to your recommendations.

Nyis

There's a company that sells the heads on Etsy, they are brass and made to be used with a soldering iron and they are very reasonably priced however I can not comment on quality as I haven't seen them in person.

Their name is blackmarketint. They are out of Hong Kong but its just a husband/wife team, I've spoke with them and they are very nice. The price is about 35.00 for the head and you can get a soldering iron for less than 10 bucks in whatever voltage you need.

There's another member here, LW Leather Works, who makes them. Here's a link to their etsy shop

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LWleatherworks?ref=seller_info

Those look to be a better option than the ones I suggested, especially for larger stamps. The ones I mentioned are limited in size due to the use of a soldering iron instead of the much hotter heating source. I may look into one at some point.

I ordered one of the small ones but haven't received it yet. Ill report back on how well it works. The problem is finding the correct soldering iron is proving to be difficult because they don't mention the size of the shank on just about every iron I've seen. I mentioned to the makers that they really should find a source of irons and sell it as a complete set up. I would have gladly paid extra to not have to find my own and hope it comes in with the right size shank.

She said she would look into it and she seemed sincere.

There's another member here, LW Leather Works, who makes them. Here's a link to their etsy shop

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LWleatherworks?ref=seller_info

Is he making metal ones to be used with a branding iron now? Last I knew he was only doing delrin stamps.

oops...sorry...didnt catch that part of yur post...lol

Those look to be a better option than the ones I suggested, especially for larger stamps. The ones I mentioned are limited in size due to the use of a soldering iron instead of the much hotter heating source. I may look into one at some point.

I ordered one of the small ones but haven't received it yet. Ill report back on how well it works. The problem is finding the correct soldering iron is proving to be difficult because they don't mention the size of the shank on just about every iron I've seen. I mentioned to the makers that they really should find a source of irons and sell it as a complete set up. I would have gladly paid extra to not have to find my own and hope it comes in with the right size shank.

She said she would look into it and she seemed sincere.

You're looking for a 100+ watt iron. I'm sure someone 'Down Under' sells 'em. Good luck!

The wattage isn't the problem, those are readily available but their stamps are made with either 4 or 5mm posts. Most higher wattage irons are bigger than that and most don't specify the post size so its pretty much a crap shoot. I think what I'm going to try is to drill out the post of a larger one to fit the stamp. They should drill out fairly easy I'm thinking. Ill obviously cut the point off first.