Spike Milligan's famous "I told you I was ill" is the UK's favourite epitaph.

Winston Churchill came second with: "I'm ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."

Third was Frank Sinatra with: "The best is yet to come."

Cowboys will appreciate Robert Clay Allison's epitaph - see below. A man who patently didn't have a problem making decisions...

What would your epitaph be?

I'm guessing it will be my user name. There are other things I'd like to be remembered for but I think it will be that.

I won't be in a position to worry about it anymore so it shouldn't bother me. :lol:

Interesting question, Ray. I haven't given any thought to it. Right now it would end up coming from Douglas Adams:

"Mostly Harmless"

Crystal

"Late. As usual."

He gave his best!

Josh

Garth Brooks sings a song called "Cowgirl's Saddle" (http://www.imeem.com/janeyboop/music/sS3VRNBj/garth-brooks-cowgirls-saddle/) I'm in agreeance with the song. This old cowboy sure knew it too.

cowboygrave.jpg

The Kid

post-8644-1240937944_thumb.jpg

IN GOD WE TRUST...ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !

Actually I want to be cremated and have my ashes and those of my family made into one of those "living reefs". They cast your ashes in a cement structure with a bunch of holes in it and put you down on the reef in Key Largo or Key West. My luck a giant sea turtle will come and poop on me...ha, ha.

He came, he saw, he danced, he loved, sinned, drank all the beer and left.

Ba****d!

or

Laugh and the world laughs with you.

smile and they think you know something they don't.

or

Time enough to rest now I am dead.....

so **** off! I am trying to sleep

or

From here to eternity!

or

I'll be there in twenty minutes......

But the best Ive seen was Spike Milligan who has

I told you i was ill!

I know someone knows the rest of this one !

"WHEN I DIE

BURY ME DEEP

PUT MY REFFERS AT MY FEET"

SURLEY YOU KNOW RAY..... : :rofl:

He'd give you the shirt off his back, but he did not suffer fools gladly.

or

He'd give you the shirt off his back, which is why he caught pneumonia and is here now.

Art

The rest of your family, who will be thrown, kicking and screaming into the crematorium?

Art

IN GOD WE TRUST...ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !

Actually I want to be cremated and have my ashes and those of my family made into one of those "living reefs". They cast your ashes in a cement structure with a bunch of holes in it and put you down on the reef in Key Largo or Key West. My luck a giant sea turtle will come and poop on me...ha, ha.

To Infinity and Beyond?

God - What a ride. Can I go again?

I really haven't thought too much about this one

What makes you bring this all up Ray - feeling some age?

Back from the days when I worked in a print shop,

May the paper arrive,

may the presses run,

may the client pay when the job is done.

And when I die, let my body rest

where I'll never see another press

Damon

Edited by Vikti

Some have spoken about being buried, some about being cremated, I have told my wife to have me put in a big hollow log, seal up the ends, then have holes drilled all in it and throw it way out in the woods. That way when the smell gets right I can aggravate the hell out of the buzzards. I also told her that if she chooses not to do #1 to have my friend Philip Caulder, who is a great person and undertaker to bury me face down so that all the who have done some meanness to us can have the chance to come by and KISS MY A**. Other than all that, drink a beer, have a shot, smoke a joint, just do what ever feels right and enjoy yourselves one last time for me. Billy P

Got to thinking about this last nigth and remembered something a friend of mine asked me to do. He said that when after the burial, he wanted a bottle of Jack Black poured on his grave. I asked if it'd be ok if i filtered it through my kidneys first. :cheers:

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."

That had to do with the Obama campaign and the fundraiser they played at State College?

Art

I know someone knows the rest of this one !

"WHEN I DIE

BURY ME DEEP

PUT MY REFFERS AT MY FEET"

SURLEY YOU KNOW RAY..... : :rofl:

I really haven't thought too much about this one

What makes you bring this all up Ray - feeling some age?

No, I'm old enough not to worry if I get a bit older - in fact I'll regard a few more years as an achievement!

I just saw a feature in the UK press about epitaphs and decided that I would be happy enough if mine simply said: "He didn't do much harm". It made me wonder what the leatherworking wits would make of it all. Now I know!

The following tombstone is just down the road from me in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England

Here lies the body of Martha Dias,

Who was always uneasy, and not over pious;

She lived to the age of three score and ten,

And gave that to the worms she refused to the men.

Edited by UKRay

I don't think I'll worry about a headstone. Some skanky leatherworker will only knock it off to stamp leather.

Barra

He had the courage to live, any one can die.

I like that

Josh

I think I would like it if in thinking of me after I am gone, it puts a smile on someones face.

Badger took one look at my tooling slab and called it a tombstone. Most unfair!

It is a huge lump of highly polished green flecked granite that I scrounged from a monumental mason who had cut it the wrong size and it didn't quite fit with the rest of a set of grave furniture.

I was actually going to ask him to put my name and an inscription on the back but it seemed somehow a bit... well, you know what I mean... ...tempting fate!

I don't think I'll worry about a headstone. Some skanky leatherworker will only knock it off to stamp leather.

Barra

Well Ray you could always leave instructions that your piece of stone be used for you marker.

after all you have been together for a lot of years - why not make it permanant?

>ducking and running now<

I've always like Shakespeare's quote:

"Golden lads and girls all must

As chimney sweeps return to dust"

There is an old Boot Hill Cemetery quote:

"He was right and we was wrong

But we strung him up and now he's gone."

When I was a kid, there was a cemetery in another town that had a tombstone made like a chair. I can't remember the inscription, but it was something about if you sit in the chair you will be dead in a year. Of course, all the teens in the area made trips to test their 'courage' after a beer or two.

My own personal preference is not to take up a plot of land. When you're dead, the body is just worm food. (The Bible says, .."ashes to ashes, dust to dust..") I'd prefer to be cremated and fertilize some field. In Texas.

I just hope that my death doesn't make too many people happy!!

I always liked the little diddy that goes like this:

When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work, and think.

When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, screw, and drink.

But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass...

I hope they bury me upside down so the world can kiss my ass!

That would look nice on my gravestone.

:17::16: :wtf:

Edited by Bree