Sona

Looking For High Quality Swivel Knife Blade In Europe

So I got this Swivelknife from Goodsjapan, bought in in a local store with a straight, quite thick blade. Sadly I don´t remember whether it was premounted (so it would be the same brand for sure) or if they gave me a tandy-blade or similar.

My problem is that I found a supplier for highquality leather. Problem? Yes! My SK-Blade is sharpened and polished to a mirror and after stropping it´s really really sharp. In the hides I had for a long time (lower quality) it was no problem to cut smooth and nice for a longer time. The new hides I purchase have very dense fibres (even if they are raw it takes some more seconds, before water soakes in for casing and stuff) and I gues that for, the cutting is much more difficult. So if I strop the knife and start cutting right away, I can cut about... 10-15cm before it feels like the blade is really dull and it´s getting hard to cut smooth curves and nearly impossible to cut narrow circles and stuff. So right now while cutting I got my strop right next to me and strop like every or every second minute.... That´s so annoying....-.-

So either there is another factor I just don´t see (The blade IS sharp...) or the blade is just ... crap.

So I am looking for the best blade I could order here in europe as I just found some Tandy and Craftjapan blades, I am looking for sth better.
America might be a possibility but only, if the prices (incl. shipping costs) is under 22,-€ (~29$, Otherwise I´d have to pay a lot more due to VAT and stuff) and I guess a really good blade will cost a little more. So where do i have to search here in europe... any ideas?