equiss

Miniature Saddle (Approx 6-8" seat)

Hello All,

I have been working on my first saddle forever, and am not getting very far very fast - but does anyone know or can sell me a pattern for a miniature western saddle? I am looking for something decorative - not the tandy mini saddle - but something that is just about 1/8" scale or so from an original.

Since I haven't been successful making a large saddle, I was at least hoping maybe I could find a pattern or kit for a miniature model

thanks for any input or information that you migth have

Hello All,

I have been working on my first saddle forever, and am not getting very far very fast - but does anyone know or can sell me a pattern for a miniature western saddle? I am looking for something decorative - not the tandy mini saddle - but something that is just about 1/8" scale or so from an original.

Since I haven't been successful making a large saddle, I was at least hoping maybe I could find a pattern or kit for a miniature model

thanks for any input or information that you migth have

Check www.riorondo.com for miniature saddle kits. They are 1:9 and 1:12 scale.

I have the patterns for a complete small saddle. The trees and stirrups are available from "Ralide" aprox $30.00 or some treemakers have wood covered with rawhide for aprox $160.00

The patterns are for the saddle parts not tooling patterns. I think that is what you are asking for? (they have very good instructions too.)

Let me know, I can have them copied and send to you

Rick J.

I have the patterns for a complete small saddle. The trees and stirrups are available from "Ralide" aprox $30.00 or some treemakers have wood covered with rawhide for aprox $160.00

The patterns are for the saddle parts not tooling patterns. I think that is what you are asking for? (they have very good instructions too.)

Rick J.

Hi Rick

That is EXACTLY what I am looking for, I can pay you for your time, materials, shipping, etc - but that is so exciting! I have been looking for something like this for a long time - please let me know what you need and I can get it to you -

Hello All,

I have been working on my first saddle forever, and am not getting very far very fast - but does anyone know or can sell me a pattern for a miniature western saddle?

Equiss,

I have found the patterns and instructions for the "half pint" saddle. I can copy the instruction pages on a regular copier but the patterns are on a large sheet. I will check our local office supply to see if they have a large bed copier.

I have had mine under construction for to long. I should finish it up. Never enough time!

I'll get them to you a.s.a.p. :Holysheep:

half_pint_saddle_042.JPG

post-6575-1224518518_thumb.jpg

Equiss,

I have found the patterns and instructions for the "half pint" saddle. I can copy the instruction pages on a regular copier but the patterns are on a large sheet. I will check our local office supply to see if they have a large bed copier.

I have had mine under construction for to long. I should finish it up. Never enough time!

I'll get them to you a.s.a.p. :Holysheep:

Oh my Gosh! That is so cute! That is exactly what I have been looking for - if needed, there is also an option of taking them to a "blueprint" printer - I will pay your costs - so please let me know what your time and effort are worth - this is going to be so fun! Can't wait

Charlene Stovin

That makes two of us!

Art

Oh my Gosh! That is so cute! That is exactly what I have been looking for - if needed, there is also an option of taking them to a "blueprint" printer - I will pay your costs - so please let me know what your time and effort are worth - this is going to be so fun! Can't wait

Charlene Stovin

:banana:

I got the patterns copied at Staples (blue print copier!) I will copy the instruction manual tomorrow ( it is small ) and get it all in the mail. P.M. me the address you would like it sent to.

The large copy was $2.71 and I am not sure about mail yet. We can settle up later for mail cost. Should be only a couple dollars.

I got the patterns copied at Staples (blue print copier!) I will copy the instruction manual tomorrow ( it is small ) and get it all in the mail. P.M. me the address you would like it sent to.

The large copy was $2.71 and I am not sure about mail yet. We can settle up later for mail cost. Should be only a couple dollars.

Hi Rick - did you get my home mail address? I didn't want to put it on the board, but I did email it to you, please let me know if you got it - I CAN'T WAIT! I have to put in a tandy order, anything stand out that I need (probably a lot of things) - guess I can also be patient too, but it isn't my strong suit! Thanks s much

I bought several of these trees a while back off ebay.

I want to use one to make and mount a saddle on my mailbox.

Art

Update on the large copies, Staples now charges me for the large sheet copies, they have a price list but are all over the place on price depending who I talk to!!

Rick J.

I have one of the mini trees and stirrup sets from Ralide and am hoping to build the saddle this winter. Would love to get in on the pattern action also! lol

I was thinking of using the one from the Stohlman saddle book series. Seems it wouldn't need a lot of tweaking, but if there is one available for these little trees already, that would be awesome.

Quite willing for pay for the pattern and shipping. (any hints also would be great.

I am thinking of doing it with the exposed leathers, I love that style!

Rick J.

Hi Rick,

Can you tell me if this pattern is still available commercially, and where please?

Hi Rick,

Actually, I had sent you a message with my address, but never got the pattern - would still be more than happy to send you the money it cost you for time and materials to get it copied. Did we talk about a full size pattern as well recently? Hope you are well -

Charlene

Rickybobby

Just FYI, I get my large copies done at FedEx Kinkos for about 1.50 to 2.50 depending on the size starting at 2x4 feet. They will also copy it and save it on a flash drive that way the needer can just have it printed out at their local store.

Good luck.

Rickybobby

Just FYI, I get my large copies done at FedEx Kinkos for about 1.50 to 2.50 depending on the size starting at 2x4 feet. They will also copy it and save it on a flash drive that way the needer can just have it printed out at their local store.

Good luck.

Kin, would that mean that the pattern could actually be changed to alter the saddle size? If so, that's actually a great idea.

In this country the photocopy machine always scans it, and the shop usually has that scan available for a month. That file could be transfered to "My Documents", cut to a CD, and the postage on that would be minimal. Which would be cheaper than photocopying and easier. But I'd still pay for the effort, postage etc....

Edited by Silver Cloud

ME TOO!!! I have been trying to find patterns for miniature western saddles...have my own ideas for the tooling, but need pattern for the parts...any way I can get a copy as well? I KNEW I should have done this years ago, when they were available all over... :(