mmirob

Packaging (Holsters/belts)

I wanted to get some ideas from you guys on what you do/use to package or deliver your finished goods. I mostly make holsters and belts and and when someone picks up the holster I usually just hand them the finished product. I feel as if perception is everything and if someone takes delivery of a $200 holster it should be wrapped, covered, bagged....something! Even a $10 watch in walmart has a box! There has to be a reasonably priced packaging that is rustic enough to sport a holster or belt. Let the ideas flow, what do you use?

What kind of holsters and belts? Concealment, western LEO?

You already use undercover concealed packaging.

They cannot see it! Right?

Seriously I think your correct. I'd like to see what others do also.

whatdoyouthink.gif

I don't know anything about retail packaging personally. but the question got me curious so I did a little googling around. Something like these merchandise bags would probably do the trick. You can get a case of 1000 for anywhere from $15 to $40 depending on size and material. You could print up some stickers with a basic logo pretty cheap to slap on the bags and I'd say you can call it done.

Now, lets work on this idea awhile. I've seen the Campbell ads showing them sew a coin on leather. Nice ad.

You've got a very nice makers mark.

I don't know about you, but I seem to make scraps (abbreviation for small crap) get it?blahblahblah.gif

OK, work with me here.

Small,even cheap???, cardboard box with your makers mark on s..craps of leather??? sew it on.

Work on it.whatdoyouthink.gif Might just go somewhere.

I wanted to get some ideas from you guys on what you do/use to package or deliver your finished goods. I mostly make holsters and belts and and when someone picks up the holster I usually just hand them the finished product. I feel as if perception is everything and if someone takes delivery of a $200 holster it should be wrapped, covered, bagged....something! Even a $10 watch in walmart has a box! There has to be a reasonably priced packaging that is rustic enough to sport a holster or belt. Let the ideas flow, what do you use?

What's the size on those holsters?...how big of a box do you need? I can e-mail you some pics of few nice boxes..not the cheapest boxes around, but worth every penny in my oppinion.There is a store about 10min away from me that sells pretty much only packaging stuff ..from paper bags to cake boxes ...aluminium boxes....cardboard boxes with transparent lids ...and so much more.I will probably be able to give you the name of the store, phone #, web-site(if they have one) by the end of next week along with few pics of boxes that might work for your holsters

What's the size on those holsters?...how big of a box do you need? I can e-mail you some pics of few nice boxes..not the cheapest boxes around, but worth every penny in my oppinion.There is a store about 10min away from me that sells pretty much only packaging stuff ..from paper bags to cake boxes ...aluminium boxes....cardboard boxes with transparent lids ...and so much more.I will probably be able to give you the name of the store, phone #, web-site(if they have one) by the end of next week along with few pics of boxes that might work for your holsters

I like the ideas! Even the leather (sCraps) idea too. I have an embosser so I could gold emboss on a box.

Size: 2 inches high. 6in X 8in should accommodate most holsters.

We don't do concealment holsters anymore, just don't have the time but each belt that leaves the shop is housed in a plastic sleeve. We buy them in large rolls and cut as needed.

We don't do concealment holsters anymore, just don't have the time but each belt that leaves the shop is housed in a plastic sleeve. We buy them in large rolls and cut as needed.

Not sure what you mean by a plastic sleeve. Do you have a Pic? Thanks!

No I don't have a pic, this morning but it's a clear flat roll of light weight plastic and when you cut the disired length off it open up into a tube. We joke around the shop and call them condoms.

Does that help ?

Not sure what you mean by a plastic sleeve. Do you have a Pic? Thanks!

Where do you find these?

I just use bubble wrap and tape to package my products, but would like to have something a little more elegant to send my stuff out in.

Jet4;

I get them from IPS Packaging out of SC. But they are shipped from their Atlanta Warehouse. 864/862-1500. Item #002020 and I use 3"X003 mil.

Hope this helps.

Al

Where do you find these?

I just use bubble wrap and tape to package my products, but would like to have something a little more elegant to send my stuff out in.

I have been using brown paper you can buy in a roll from the office supply places. I have also been cutting my scraps into lace. I don't bevel or clean up the edges of the lace, and use it to wrap the brown paper. I also include a "Care and Feeding" sheet in the package. Here is a picture of one I sent out this week.

post-7753-062909700 1308959333_thumb.jpg

I have been using brown paper you can buy in a roll from the office supply places. I have also been cutting my scraps into lace. I don't bevel or clean up the edges of the lace, and use it to wrap the brown paper. I also include a "Care and Feeding" sheet in the package. Here is a picture of one I sent out this week.

Simple but awesome! It's like unwrapping a present when it comes.

I've been using gallon size zip locks. belts coil up into them and holsters are a good fit.